Hey there Sweetie! What kind of sweeteners are available on the ships?

Euby

I'm nominating myself for the "Most inane question of the forums for 2021."  For those that have cruised HAL recently, what kind of sweetener packets were available?
Pink: Saccharin
Blue: Aspartame
Yellow: Sucralose
Green: Stevia
White:  Processed sugar
Brown:  Raw cane sugar

Isn't it great that cruising is to a point that these kinds of questions are being asked again?  LOL

• Like 3

We sailed on the Koningsdam on it's first California Coastal itinerary in October.  We only found Stevia in shakers aboard.  When we arrived in San Francisco, DW and I visited a CVS pharmacy along the Embarcadero and purchased a box of Splenda packets to take back aboard with us.

• Like 1

On the Eurodam, shakers only of white sugar and (brown) sugar in the raw. Other than that, I only saw red packets of artificial sweetener and it was from Greece (written in Greek).

It seems they are trying to go as paperless as possible…right down to nixing muffin wrappers and individual sugar packets.

4 hours ago, HALrunner said:

On the Eurodam, shakers only of white sugar and (brown) sugar in the raw. Other than that, I only saw red packets of artificial sweetener and it was from Greece (written in Greek).

It seems they are trying to go as paperless as possible…right down to nixing muffin wrappers and individual sugar packets.

Well, 

If thats the way its going, then I'm going to have up the amount of aspartame  I bring on cruises. I generally have big mug of ginseng tea in the morning and that is my preferred sweeten of choice. I can deal with Saccharin in a pinch, but don't like the flavor imparted by Stevia or Splenda as a sweetener. 

11 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I think if you want the artificial sweeteners you likely need to bring them.  I think any packages they have on board will be gone before too long.  I prefer the individual packages because I don't like to touch shakers that everyone and their dog has touched.

I wonder if this will eventually extend to things like Hot Chocolate and Tea. The Hot Chocolate can be done with the appropriate machine, but tea bags? 

• Like 1