Return to Canada

Riverside500

Looking for some advise …
We are on the Jan 28 Panama Canal cruise …. Disembarking in LA as we all know.
As we are from Canada, we have to get a PCR test out in the parking lot before heading off to LAX. We need it to get back into Canada via Air.

What happens if we test positive?

Do they transport us off to Devils Island for 10 days
Are left to our own devises
Can we go to any hotel or are there designed ones for sickies 
Do we have to be fed under the door or can we forage for ourselves

Can find health orders for US citizens…basically…go home but nothing travellers.
Any help will be much appreciated

13 minutes ago, Riverside500 said:

Looking for some advise …
We are on the Jan 28 Panama Canal cruise …. Disembarking in LA as we all know.
As we are from Canada, we have to get a PCR test out in the parking lot before heading off to LAX. We need it to get back into Canada via Air.

What happens if we test positive?

Do they transport us off to Devils Island for 10 days
Are left to our own devises
Can we go to any hotel or are there designed ones for sickies 
Do we have to be fed under the door or can we forage for ourselves

Can find health orders for US citizens…basically…go home but nothing travellers.
Any help will be much appreciated

I believe you'll find that the answer to your question will vary according which cruise line you are sailing with, which you haven't specified.  Princess, for example, will reimburse your basic hotel and meal expenses if you choose to quarantine in the US and not drive home. Their coverage is limited, so if you choose a $1000/night quarantine hotel, most of it will come our of your pocket.  As to what actually happens to you if you test positive, I highly doubt you would be held against your will.

Edited by lx200gps

3 hours ago, lx200gps said:

I believe you'll find that the answer to your question will vary according which cruise line you are sailing with, which you haven't specified.  Princess, for example, will reimburse your basic hotel and meal expenses if you choose to quarantine in the US and not drive home. Their coverage is limited, so if you choose a $1000/night quarantine hotel, most of it will come our of your pocket.  As to what actually happens to you if you test positive, I highly doubt you would be held against your will.

This is why we are purchasing extra insurance (Manulife Covid Plan). “Check with your cruise line”. Most likely your covered. Princess as stated above does covered the cost but it’s not much. If your not coverage and tested positive at the Port, the airline won’t allow you on the plane. 

3 hours ago, lx200gps said:

But the quarantine hotel will only let you listen to Justin Bieber and Nickelback 24/7. 🤯