Freedom

tw67

36 minutes ago, tw67 said:

I haven't heard much about Freedom since it started back cruising.   We will be on the January 1st cruise and was looking for updates on the ship. 

According to MarineTraffic.com, the Freedom is moored at Saint Martin, whose next destination is St. Thomas.

• Like 1

I was on the Nov 14 sailing, and I thought the interior of the ship had been cleaned up a bit, didn't look as tired as it used to be.

Amazing how a little  less rust, some new paint, cleaned shiny glass and metal can make a huge difference in appearance.

• Like 1

Just now, evandbob said:

I was on the Nov 14 sailing, and I thought the interior of the ship had been cleaned up a bit, didn't look as tired as it used to be.

Amazing how a little  less rust, some new paint, cleaned shiny glass and metal can make a huge difference in appearance.

Thank you!  It is true that just a little bit of clean up can make a huge difference!

2 hours ago, sailingships said:

Its doing a 8 day right now on the way to St Maarten back to Miami on Sunday. 

Do they have a separate sushi restaurant now or is it on the lido? How is the piano bar singer?

Just got off the Freedom on Nov 28. Had a fantastic time.

Piano bar singer for my cruise was Dominic I believe was his name. Not sure if he's still on there. I only know because he opened one of the Playlist shows. I am not really a Piano Bar attendee.

The ship appeared beautifully kept and the crew was all wonderful, as has been standard for Carnival.

The only thing my wife mentioned she missed was the Cucina italian for lunch and the Sunshine's splendid Serenity area.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Just got off the Freedom on Nov 28. Had a fantastic time.

Piano bar singer for my cruise was Dominic I believe was his name. Not sure if he's still on there. I only know because he opened one of the Playlist shows. I am not really a Piano Bar attendee.

The ship appeared beautifully kept and the crew was all wonderful, as has been standard for Carnival.

The only thing my wife mentioned she missed was the Cucina italian for lunch and the Sunshine's splendid Serenity area.

Great!  Thank you!  I am glad you had a good time.  My husband and I were on Sunrise in October, and really enjoyed Cucina for lunch, but will get it again this October when we cruise on Horizon.  We will have our 18 and 23 year old sons with us, so probably won't hit Serenity much, but will spend time in the aft pool, which I hope is still the adult one.  My husband is thrilled that it still has the Mongolian Wok.  I am happy for the Red Frog Pub.  I really enjoyed that on Sunrise.  I usually spend a lot of time in the piano bar, but surprisingly on Sunrise I didn't, but did spend a lot of time in Red Frog listening to music, so not sure how Freedom will go.  I am looking forward to an 8 day cruise, it has been awhile since we have had the time to take more than a 4 day.  

Which ports did you get to?

15 minutes ago, tw67 said:

Great!  Thank you!  I am glad you had a good time.  My husband and I were on Sunrise in October, and really enjoyed Cucina for lunch, but will get it again this October when we cruise on Horizon.  We will have our 18 and 23 year old sons with us, so probably won't hit Serenity much, but will spend time in the aft pool, which I hope is still the adult one.  My husband is thrilled that it still has the Mongolian Wok.  I am happy for the Red Frog Pub.  I really enjoyed that on Sunrise.  I usually spend a lot of time in the piano bar, but surprisingly on Sunrise I didn't, but did spend a lot of time in Red Frog listening to music, so not sure how Freedom will go.  I am looking forward to an 8 day cruise, it has been awhile since we have had the time to take more than a 4 day.  

Which ports did you get to?

The Mongolian Wok was incredibly popular on my cruise. There were very few lines or waits on my cruise because the ship was not to capacity, but the Wok always had a few people waiting. Like you said not many ships still have it. There was a guitar soloist in the Red Frog pub many nights. The aft pool is still adults-only, and is a very nice area.

My cruise went to Amber Cove, La Romana, Curacao, and Aruba!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mz-s said:

The Mongolian Wok was incredibly popular on my cruise. There were very few lines or waits on my cruise because the ship was not to capacity, but the Wok always had a few people waiting. Like you said not many ships still have it. There was a guitar soloist in the Red Frog pub many nights. The aft pool is still adults-only, and is a very nice area.

My cruise went to Amber Cove, La Romana, Curacao, and Aruba!

Every ship that has Mongolian Wok has a line and very limited hours!  He tries to hit it first day.   Glad aft pool is still adults only.   We are scheduled for St Maarten, St Kitts, San Juan, and Grand Turk.  So far no changes to our itinerary,  but you never know!

Thank you again for your response!

5 hours ago, Jelly_Toast said:

I was on Freedom last month and while I did not visit the piano bar, I can confirm sushi is found on the lido.

Well darn 😞 we avoid the Lido area at all costs... but Bonsai is one of our favorites.  Were the cabins upgraded to the new décor?  

23 minutes ago, Ohio Bucki said:

Does the Freedom have the BBQ up stairs from the lido buffet?

Yes and it was very good.

22 minutes ago, TheMettins said:

Well darn 😞 we avoid the Lido area at all costs... but Bonsai is one of our favorites.  Were the cabins upgraded to the new décor?  

No, well at least my cabin wasn't upgraded. 

• Like 1