Cancelling a Saga Cruise

TADodger

My wife and I are booked on Saga's " Christmas Markets of the Rhineland" cruise https://travel.saga.co.uk/cruises/river/where-we-go/rhine-river-cruises/christmas-markets-of-the-rhineland.aspx from the 12th of December for 5 days.  My bought health insurance, but not any sort of cancellation insurance.

With omicron, we can't take the cruise any longer. We'd hoped it'd be cancelled and refunded, but it's currently not looking like this is going to happen.

Saga isn't responding to my e-mails or messages and I'm in Canada, so calling is a little tricky with the time difference and, apparently, I'll be waiting on hold for a long time. When I booked the cruise the connection wasn't great.

We understand this is a non-refundable cruise. Does anyone have any advice on our best way to navigate not taking it? We don't want to cancel it if we don't get anything, in case they cancel it and issue a refund.

Is there any way to get a refund or credit? Any suggestions on how to navigate this with Saga? If not, could we let someone else take our place (either sell our tickets or give them away, according to their website we can't do this within 7 days of our cruise)?  Anything else?

They were going to pick us up. Do we just not be there when they come to get us?  Is it worth calling them or our credit card?  (We don't think there's any other option than losing 100% of the money, but if it's worth a try I'd be happy to call anyone).

Thanks in advance to any Saga experts!

Sorry to hear that TA Dodger.  Suggest you use the Live Chat facility on Saga website, quoting your booking reference, stating that you will be unable to join the cruise.   I doubt if you will get a refund unless the cruise is cancelled but you may be able to move your payment to another cruise next year. Good luck!

• Like 2

On 12/8/2021 at 1:31 PM, TADodger said:

With omicron, we can't take the cruise any longer

Why can you not take the cruise ? A new variant is not a sufficient reason in itself for a cancellation. 

As an aside, this forum relates to Saga ocean cruises, and the terms and conditions may be different for river cruises. 

• Like 1