Antarctica/Argentinian Health Declaration form - completed!

Traveler2222

Hello fellow Antarctic Travelers,

I successfully completed this form and thought I’d offer my answers to some of the unanswerable questions. I don’t know if there are “more right” answers but these worked for me. The Reason for Travel section, is self explanatory. In the Transport section, Estados Unidos de America is country of origin. Point of Entry is, of course, Ushuaia. Airline is Vuelo Especial. Under Flights I chose New Flight, and for Flight # I typed Atlas Ocean Voyages. Vaccination scheme data section is also self explanatory. Under Address of stay I chose Tierra del Fuego, Ushuaia, and typed Atlas Ocean Voyages for the street and World Navigator under Number. The zip code is 9420. The only other slightly tricky answer is under the Passenger section, Nationality. If you’re American, the answer is Estadounidense from the drop down menu. Uploading the PDFs of my negative PCR test and my insurance certificate were straight forward. The required number to upload to MyAtlas comes in an email a few minutes later. 

YAY! On my way!!

• Like 4

Thanks for posting this important info.

We purchased the insurance from Atlas. How did you get an insurance certificate? Every time I call about it, they (Atlas and the insurance company), have no idea what I’m talking about. They keep sending me the same generic 31 page document that has no policy number or our names on it. 

9 minutes ago, Cnfrank said:

We purchased the insurance from Atlas. How did you get an insurance certificate? Every time I call about it, they (Atlas and the insurance company), have no idea what I’m talking about. They keep sending me the same generic 31 page document that has no policy number or our names on it. 

Unfortunately comprehensive travel insurance, while important for other reasons, often doesn’t specifically cover COVID. I purchased a Trawick policy from Insuremytrip.com for $92. The email with the certificate that’s needed as well as an ID card arrived minutes after purchase. I recommend calling and speaking to one of their agents if you have questions - they’re very helpful…

On 12/8/2021 at 1:22 PM, Cnfrank said:

This link from AON may help you to purchase the supplemental COVID insurance, associated with the insurance included by Atlas. You can use your booking number when it asks for a reservation ID.

https://affinitytravelcert.com/document/pdfs/TravelPro_LandingPage.html

Edited by Host Jazzbeau
link fixed
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, vicd1969 said:

This link from AON may help you to purchase the supplemental COVID insurance, associated with the insurance included by Atlas. You can use your booking number when it asks for a reservation ID.

https://affinitytravelcert.com/document/pdfs/TravelPro_LandingPage.html

Thanks for the link. It has an error in it, though. You need to remove the colon (:) at the end of the link.

Maybe I missed this but we need to buy additional insurance?  I thought I read that Atlas covered the insurance?

Also we need to do a covid test prior to getting to the Hyatt?  Again i thought we'd be getting tested once we were in the ballroom at the Hyatt.

Thanks

1 hour ago, garciamia said:

Maybe I missed this but we need to buy additional insurance?  I thought I read that Atlas covered the insurance?

Also we need to do a covid test prior to getting to the Hyatt?  Again i thought we'd be getting tested once we were in the ballroom at the Hyatt.

Thanks

My understanding, too. 

I am disappointed in the lack of communication from Atlas. I leave Jan 5 for the Jan 6 cruise, it's the holidays, and no info about what we need to do. I expect this from a cut-rate line. It shouldn't be this way for a supposed ultra-luxury line.