Seattle Alaska Cruise

mnkauf

If you just "goggle" SEATAC covid testing options you should easily find the current options, but as "cruisestitch" has already indicated the testing protocols are likely to be different in June 2022.

But are you asking if the beds are hard?  If so, the cabin stewards have options.  They can provide such items as egg crate pads and so forth.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mnkauf said:

We will be cruising to Alaska in June 2022.  Curious about COVID testing options in the Seattle airport and any thoughts about this trip.

As someone who lives in the Seattle area here are my thoughts. A previous person said that we won't know until May what testing is needed so don't worry too much about that. 

The real thing to worry about is Seattle. If you are coming before your cruise for more than one night, be very careful downtown. This is not the Seattle that you see on TV. The addicts and mentally ill who live on the streets have made it a place you should try to avoid at all costs.

When people ask me about sailing from Seattle, I always tell them to sail out of Vancouver. Yes, they have some of the same problems but not between the downtown hotels, the ports and main places visitors want to go. For instance, if you want to walk from a downtown hotel to the Pike Place Market, you have to pass through one of the more dangerous areas to walk in. Go to Instagram and check out @seattle.looks.like.*****. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, DrKoob said:

As someone who lives in the Seattle area here are my thoughts. A previous person said that we won't know until May what testing is needed so don't worry too much about that. 

The real thing to worry about is Seattle. If you are coming before your cruise for more than one night, be very careful downtown. This is not the Seattle that you see on TV. The addicts and mentally ill who live on the streets have made it a place you should try to avoid at all costs.

When people ask me about sailing from Seattle, I always tell them to sail out of Vancouver. Yes, they have some of the same problems but not between the downtown hotels, the ports and main places visitors want to go. For instance, if you want to walk from a downtown hotel to the Pike Place Market, you have to pass through one of the more dangerous areas to walk in. Go to Instagram and check out @seattle.looks.like.*****. 

Thanks for info. Am on the 06/17/22 cruise out of Seattle. Plan is to return rent a car and go up OLYMPIC PENINSULA for 3 days and return to Seattle for 2 days before flying home. Might have to rethink days in Seattle. 

2 hours ago, jhskick said:

Thanks for info. Am on the 06/17/22 cruise out of Seattle. Plan is to return rent a car and go up OLYMPIC PENINSULA for 3 days and return to Seattle for 2 days before flying home. Might have to rethink days in Seattle. 

The key to visiting any attraction downtown is to not walk. I hate saying this because I am a walker (about 30 miles a week) but it is just to dangerous. If you stay downtown, then take an Uber or Lyft to Pike Place Market or Seattle Center. Saw a video today of someone taking a walk from Downtown to Pike Place Market this week. You can see it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SeattleWA/comments/rda8zo/this_is_what_visitors_to_seattle_see_when_heading/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf 

We were in Seattle in September to board the Millennium.  Our favorite Seattle hotel is actually Cedarbrook Lodge which is located by SEATAC, but is definitely not an airport hotel.  We originally had reservations at the Cedarbrook for three nights pre-cruise and one night post-cruise, but once Celebrity introduced the testing protocols we realized we needed to make some adjustments.  

We actually stayed at the Marriott Waterfront for one night pre-cruise and three nights post-cruise.  Since the Millennium went out of Pier 66 for our cruise it was perfect as we just walked to the ship.  We were able to make reservations at our favorite downtown seafood restaurant (Anthony's at Pier 66).  We had reservations to a special exhibit at the Seattle Art Museum and had no issues visiting Pike Place Market to browse the vendor's wares and have brunch at Lowells.  There is a public elevator adjacent to the Marriott, which was not operating due to the road upgrades, but we walked down to the walkway at Pier 66 and crossed there.  A little longer walk to Pike Place Market, but absolutely were not accosted by street people.  This hotel would also be perfect for those interested in the Seattle Aquarium or one of the harbor cruises.

• Thanks 2