P & O Terms and Conditions

bobstheboy

On 12/14/2021 at 7:00 PM, zap99 said:

We are keeping a watch on this. If some folk cancel their cruises for early next year, there may be some cheapies around.

If our roundtrip TA goes in February, we'll be looking to upgrade, but only if its significantly less than the difference would have been when originally booked (launch).

On 12/17/2021 at 6:12 PM, terrierjohn said:

How long cruise lines can continue with current passenger numbers as low as they are must be open to question.  A FO cruise recently sailed with 650 crew and only 500 passengers and Britannia's xmas cruise is rumoured to only have 750 passengers, those probably do not even cover the direct costs, never mind contributing to overheads.

Just got back from Ventura.  Can't comment on the Southampton departure numbers, but pax on departure from Cartagena was 1347, crew was I think 1094.

I'm not surprised that with the way things have been going while we were on board that people have either moved cruises or taken the hit and simply cancelled, especially Caribbean fly cruises.

4 hours ago, PEMCO007 said:

After all my stressing, my Daughter ended up testing positive yesterday, so the decision was taken out of our hands in the end.  I am kind of relieved x

I hope your daughter isn’t going to be too bad.

But totally get the relief of a decision made 

Thank you.  She is fine, bit of a headache but mostly cartwheeling around the room! P&O didn't ask for any proof (good job, if they could see her lol ) We have kept the lft, and pcr's have been sent off incase they ask.  They have issued us with FCC for us and the two linked bookings that were travelling with us.

I am hearing a few people testing positive at the port, even though they have had lft's on the same day and been negative.  They have returned home and lft's have been negative again, and one so far has had a negative pcr also.  Not sure what was going on, the passengers were refused the chance to do another also at the port, so they are not particularly happy with the outcome! 

10 minutes ago, Castle25 said:

i hope you all get better and have a good xmas - so if anyone want to not go on a cruise you just tell them you are positive?  Surprised its that easy.......

I guess there is a great deal of nervousness around COVID, so I imagine they can't take any chances.

I suppose there will be people that could work the system! But that is a chance you take I guess, if they did ask for proof. 

29 minutes ago, PEMCO007 said:

I guess there is a great deal of nervousness around COVID, so I imagine they can't take any chances.

I suppose there will be people that could work the system! But that is a chance you take I guess, if they did ask for proof. 

Even just being a close  contact of a positive case or just feeling you have symptoms  is enough for you to fail the questions they ask to be allowed on board. Even with negative tests in hand

In all their planning for not allowing people on board to date they weren't expecting a variant that could give so many people and their contacts covid issues at the same time so quickly

The numbers cancelling last minute or not being allowed to board must be huge right now

Way higher than the cruise lines could have predicted worst case

Don't forget all the Govt advice on what we do to protect others is to self isolate and start testing even if we just suspect we have symptoms

Cruise lines can't go the other way and insist we prove we have the illness

The timescales don't even allow it

They have to at least look like they are putting the safety of other passengers first by the way they don't let any passengers at risk of covid on board

If in doubt they have to take the careful approach and let you re schedule

By now they are expecting it to happen

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

41 minutes ago, PEMCO007 said:

You feel like you have developed symptoms a few hours before you are due to travel then you need to tell them straight away and take another PCR straight away before you travel to them 

You won't even get the results in time to know if you have it or not

You wouldnt have the timescales to be able to prove it even if you wanted to

And they certainly  can't advise you to travel to Southampton or the airport  to prove it to them in person

They have to take your concerns about symptoms at face value. Simple as that. Whether you end up actually being positive or not. They can't even trust an LFT if you think you have symptoms 

You have to get a PCR and you shouldn't travel anywhere until you get the results 

P O are being flexible, how long for who knows ? They don't want to change T&C''s, IMO, which I still say is wrong, however,  I spoke to them and they were very helpful. Just tell them your concerns and what you want, you may have to negotiate, but you might just get a good solution.

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

P O are being flexible, how long for who knows ? They don't want to change T&C''s, IMO, which I still say is wrong, however,  I spoke to them and they were very helpful. Just tell them your concerns and what you want, you may have to negotiate, but you might just get a good solution.

they are not being flexible - there was no hint of letting me move my cruise and now i have a fight with my insurer.  The agent just reinforced the T&C and basically said tough - 100% canx

I know where my money will be going in the future and it wont be carnival plc!

Edited by Castle25

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Back in August P&O would give a quick PCR test to those who had a positive result with the LFT test at the terminal. Have they discontinued that?

That's different. That's people arriving ready to travel at Southampton and failing a test

You get symptoms at home and need to organise a pcr test as per govt advice  then it would be irresponsible of a cruise line to tell you to still travel to them where the other  passengers are and take a test with them in person

Never going to happen. They have to take what you tell them at face value. 

And neither you or them can prove whether you did have symptoms or not. Regardless of what any subsequent pcr test comes back with in due course

Basically if you get symptoms a few hrs before your cruise you will have to follow govt guidelines and get your own pcr test and  the cruise lines will simply  have to let you re schedule as you and they don't have any alternative 

You won't have time to prove anything either way. By the time you get results the cruise or the flight will have left

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Have you successfully moved your Feb cruise Bob? Were you able to move it to an existing one, or did you have to book a new one?

15 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Yes, moved balance paid to an existing booking in Jan 23.

Thanks.

I have the same cruise booked for January 2023 and just moving the balance would be good. 

I don't have to decide until after new year, I think 😕