On Board Le Bellot — Zanzibar and the Jewels of the Indian Ocean — December 16-28, 2021

AussieBoyTX

3 minutes ago, klsd said:

Can anyone advise me as to the difficulty of getting into the zodiac from snorkeling? I haven't found any pics that show a ladder or anything.  As a 70 yr old, I wonder if it's doable. Many thanks

There's a ladder and able-bodied crew to assist. Everyone on board the ship was able to get back on the Zodiac -- and there were some passengers much older than you.

• 3 weeks later...
Finally had time to put together our Scuba highlights from our trip on Le Bellot

Remire Island 
Shallow, tidal dive at Rémíre. Lots of interesting schools of fish, large sea turtle, nudibranch, hard coral. 

Bijoutier Island 
Drift Dive with Manta Rays 

Saint François Island 
It was a great drift dive along the reef wall. We saw thousands of fish, sea turtles everywhere, octopus, lobster, Napoleonfish 

Cosmoledo Atoll 
Milky conditions, but good video of sea turtle. Lots of good schools of fish. 

Astove Island 
This is a contender for best dive ever. Clear water, beautiful wall, gentle drift, HUGE schools of fish, several grouper, sea turtles, huge coral variety, boxfish. 

Assumption Island 
Interesting combination of coral, seagrass beds and white sand. We saw lots of anemones, sea cucumbers and schools of fish. 

Misali Island, Tanzania 
Jellyfish on the surface, so we wore full-length wetsuits. Saw one great jelly underwater, several puffers, lots of starfish and some nice coral. 

Shot with Paralenz 
Music: Prometheus 
Royalty-Free Music from https://audiohub.com

• Like 1