COVID testing between B2B cruises

jstrutton

We will be doing a B2B2B in Europe next year.  We purchased the Carnival insurance with our cruise as well.  I know that all the cruise line do COVID testing between the B2B cruise at least 1 day before your last day.  My question is what happens if somehow one of us comes up positive.  Oviously, they will not let us continue with the second or even the third cruise, but we couldn't fly home (US) either.  I asume we would have to quarantine in a local hotel.  Granted this is a worst case nightmare, but what if any would the Carnival insurance pick up and assist with.  Also, wondering if we need additional insurance in the event something like this happens.  

Any advice is welcome and appreciated.

Jay

Tough question. My first thought was your cruise insurance may not cover cost of rescheduling flights. However, you may have time to quarantine after the first cruise and still make your scheduled flight after your B2B2B. I'm no insurance expert but, you need to verify if you'll be covered for cost of quarantine hotel and any flight change costs. Consider buying another insurance to replace or supplement the coverage you have.

Thanks, I’m thinking the same as we would definitely be stuck in London under quarantine till we tested negative. Couldn’t fly back to US (or anywhere else for that matter) and couldn’t take the second or third leg of our B2B2B.  

I’ve asked our carnival PVP but haven't gotten an answer yet hopefully soon.  Still have plenty of time but just planning for a worst case scenario

Edited by jstrutton

3 hours ago, Bgcruising said:

You might want to check in on the status of your cruise. I've had one from London changed to an all UK cruise.

Can’t imagine that happening.  The Pride is going TA in the spring and spending all summer in Europe and med.  What cruise line changed to all UK?

35 minutes ago, jstrutton said:

Can’t imagine that happening.  The Pride is going TA in the spring and spending all summer in Europe and med.  What cruise line changed to all UK?

With all the travel restrictions I think there were some cruises that stuck to the U.K. Coast.