Baths Excursion Question

aimnic

I booked the Virgin Gorda Baths excursion through NCL. I am a little confused about this excursion. Are you expected to swim from the boat to the island? Or does the boat drop you off? I can swim, but it's the basics...not a very experienced swimmer and am a little concerned.

Thanks in advance,

Aimee

You should probably read the details of the excursion. I read on another thread that there were two different Bath's excursions. On one you go by catamaran and you must swim to shore. On the other you go by Ferry, then take a short bus ride to the Bath's and then walk down to the beach. We did the Ferry excursion last year and the only complaint that I had was that I wish I would have had a longer time at the beach. I think we will try the Catamaran on our next cruise in June. Hope this helps!!

WE did NCL excursion to the Baths in January. I believe $49 only because of the time constraints. It was well worth it.

You go on a catamaran type boat and anchor 300 yards off the beach. Don't worry, you have a life vest on they give you to snorkel in just blow it up a little more to suit your comfort level. They also give you snorkel equipment as well.

However, what they don't do is, provide you with something to put your towel in or your camera or water etc. So no pic, water, and you lie on the sand or the boulders(which are awesome). What I did, was to put my camera in a double zip lock bag and held it over my head and slowly swam into shore. You could also buy one of those disposable waterproof cameras as well. They didn't tell you they wouldn't provide something to put your stuff in. It was a fun excursion and worth the $49. After dropping you off at the first beach where you walk thru all the boulders to get to the second beach, they move the boat over there and you swim out when it is time to go.

Go and enjoy. I just forget the name of the excursion however.

The other option is a short walk to the pier, get on a ferry to Virgin Gorda dock (~$25 roundtrip), take taxi to Virgin Gorda (included in ferry ticket), and pay $3 admission at the beach entrance. About half the price of the catamaran,

Full details: http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/easterncaribbean.html

Archived