Princess Question Posts

tisha3

I am going to close this thread, and from here out will remove any new threads that are regarding the subject of the Grand List. I'm sorry that it happened, I'm sorry that people were injured, but it has happened, it's over, nothing can be done about it, let's stop talking about it. People are getting angry and out of hand.

Carrie

hosttink@cruisecritic.com

THis was added to a thread about the Grand Princess. I did not know that CC allowed the host to decide was we could or could not discuss. I Thought that this was a forum for us to discuss current and past happening while we cruised. I used this forum a lot while I was a travel agent and recommended it to clients.

In this case a few argumentative people have caused problems. And instead of dealing with them we are all told what we cannot discuss. I think Carrie's attitude was harse.

This is my final post here. This is my opinion. I am not looking for a response from anyone. Just felt like I should have my say also.

Melba

I beleive there is still an ongoing discussion about that cruise. I agree that it was getting a little tiring all the needless new threads rehashing the same stuff already posted ad nauseum. I don't think they are trying to stifle discussion about it, just trying to direct it into a place where everyone can follow along, and not keep the thread list full of the same old topics.

I agree with Host Tink in limiting the posts about the "incident". Having been on a cruise from heck on another line, I agree that there is a time to go on with life. I could scare people with my horror story, but I choose not to, and to go on cruises on a line where I have had nothing but positive experiences. That's my choice.

Cruising in general still remains one of the best possible vacations.

Having multiple posts about one regrettable incident makes it sound like cruises are the subject of horror films. They aren't. It is like repetitve news stories with the same pictures that convince others that what they are hearing is the rule, not the exception. And that's not the real purpose of the cruise bulletin boards - but sharing the best of our experiences so that others may also enjoy their cruising is. Those experiences have been Grand !!!

And yes, I plan on taking my next cruise on the Grand Princess out of Galveston. :)

I did not know that CC allowed the host to decide was we could or could not discuss.

I knew there was someone in the background keeping a finger on the pulse. Like a good police department, you never see them.

It should be noted that I found someone posting here who was actually promoting something. The next day the thread was gone on this board and other cruise boards. You have no idea how fast this board would go downhill and crash without someone keeping an eye out.

Just so you know, I first found cruising news groups as part of AOL. Each newsgroup or board had several people who serve as monitors. I soon discovered they would remove any post or thread they did not like or approve of.

One thing I think many posters forget is that we are all guests here. Not our board, not our rules. When a thread is not what the moderator thinks is beneficial, their rights to pull it.

Some seem to think they can do, say and post anything that hits their brains instead of thinking first and posting second. :confused:

And there are those that bait and insult, specifically to get threads pulled and a particular subject off of page 1. It happens all the time and is shameful.

You can request a post be removed if it is inappropriate. Removing the whole discussion when the discussion has merit and a few usual posters get out of line doesn't quite smell right. JMHO.

And there are those that bait and insult, specifically to get threads pulled and a particular subject off of page 1. It happens all the time and is shameful.

Disagree.. I know of no effort to remove any posts by any poster on this board. What I do know is that anyone that uses logic to question posts is branded by certain individuals as a "Princess Cheerleader" and a shotgun effort is made to discredit them as rah rah's..

Disagree.. I know of no effort to remove any posts by any poster on this board. What I do know is that anyone that uses logic to question posts is branded by certain individuals as a "Princess Cheerleader" and a shotgun effort is made to discredit them as rah rah's..

It must be 'Tini time!

I was gone for a few days (Boat Show ya know) and I was amazed to see a few threads gone. I think Tink used excellent judgement as there is only so much that can be said in only so many ways before it becomes hash..

It must be 'Tini time!

I was gone for a few days (Boat Show ya know) and I was amazed to see a few threads gone. I think Tink used excellent judgement as there is only so much that can be said in only so many ways before it becomes hash..

Been on the ship, done that particular cruise and must agree. There comes a time when it's all been said.

Good job, Tink, and thank you for taking the time to look through all these posts. While at some times I think it must be a great position to have (just to have the time to read all this:) ) but at times it must be aggravating as well.

Cheers and happy sailing to all!!

Just thought you might not be aware of the following item, which is also part of the guidelines. The bolding is mine:

"Special Note Regarding Removal Of Posts

Posts may be removed from our forums at the sole discretion of Cruise Critic without notification to it's author or discussion participants. We may also MOVE a post to our Floataway Lounge that has veered off the original topic. Additionally, the discussion of our management policies and procedures -- including post deletions-- is considered off-topic discussion for our cruise boards and will also be removed without notice. If you have a question about the removal of any posting please contact me at community@cruisecritic.com."

We have to agree to disagree. You don't have to know of an effort to deduce that it happens. The "Alias Names and Creepy Adult Behavior" thread started by Zydecocruiser was removed, and it never got close to nasty. It was chock full of posters stating they didn't like to read a thread and see the OP get attacked or see their opinions derided. The sheer numbers of people saying the same thing was a revelation. What reason could be there for pulling it, if there wasn't any arguing, bashing or name-calling in the thread?

From what I can tell, "Princess Cheerleader" is a name adopted by certain posters, not given to them. It's even in thread titles on occasion. And the revelations mentioned above would negate any claim about threads going downhill based on logic. Sometimes the attacks just don't even make sense. What would be wrong with just saying, "Sorry your cruise wasn't what you expected. I hope you have a better cruise next time". Or, "maybe next time you could try ____, it has worked for me in the past."

We can always agree to disagree. :)

From what I can tell, "Princess Cheerleader" is a name adopted by certain posters, not given to them.

Sorry but you are wrong. The name came from a post about two years ago or little less where the OP directly named names and labeled them as "Princess Cheerleaders".

Scott

I don't go back that far, about a year ago I started following Princess to get ready for my cruise...just going by reading posts that start off "I'm a cheerleader...." or "A Cheerleader's take...." etc.

It is sacrasm becuase people get tired of being called that if someone doesn't agree with their opinion.

Scott

TexasMom2 - as mentioned, discussions like this are outside the lines and can be removed. The "Creepy Behavior" thread was also outside the lines. All you can accomplish whether intending it or not is to create bad feelings and there's been enough of that lately. Other individuals in other places have taken steps to curb the gang mentality that caused a lot of trouble here. The change in atmosphere here as a result has been immediate and is like a breath of fresh air. I give those who took the action a great deal of credit for doing so, as I give credit to those who have agreed that it's time to bury some hatchets and get back to the serious business of vacations.

I wish I had an e-mail address that I am willing to post publicly so that we could take this off-line.

We have to agree to disagree. You don't have to know of an effort to deduce that it happens. The "Alias Names and Creepy Adult Behavior" thread started by Zydecocruiser was removed, and it never got close to nasty. It was chock full of posters stating they didn't like to read a thread and see the OP get attacked or see their opinions derided. The sheer numbers of people saying the same thing was a revelation. What reason could be there for pulling it, if there wasn't any arguing, bashing or name-calling in the thread?

...Sometimes the attacks just don't even make sense. What would be wrong with just saying, "Sorry your cruise wasn't what you expected. I hope you have a better cruise next time". Or, "maybe next time you could try ____, it has worked for me in the past."

Agree with you, Texas mom. BTW, since the thread mentioned by the OP got closed, I've seen the other threads on the same subject still alive and kicking. I'm not asking that they be closed. I just think people can be addressing issues more, not attacking other posters.

Here's another BTW, everyone has to have one first post. Think about it.

From what I can tell, "Princess Cheerleader" is a name adopted by certain posters, not given to them.

I can agree to disagree :) however the "Princess Cheerleader" name was given to a few of us posters by certain members of another cruise board. Those posts were meant to inflame and to push buttons causing reactions by active CC members. The members of that group had numerous Alias names, not the so called "Cheerleaders". The administrator of that board finally got fed up with their posts and is currently revising the forums to eliminate the bad press that the board was receiving because of their actions. Hopefully this will make it a better board dedicated to cruising and not dedicated to ridicule the Cruise Critic...

It is sacrasm becuase people get tired of being called that if someone doesn't agree with their opinion.

Scott

It's OK to disagree and I don't have a problem with that. All opinions should be heard and OK to post unless they demean or belittle someone else. I don't agree with belittling someone because they don't feel the same way you do ("you" is not directed at you, just couldn't think of a better word to use.)

TexasMom2 - as mentioned, discussions like this are outside the lines and can be removed. The "Creepy Behavior" thread was also outside the lines. All you can accomplish whether intending it or not is to create bad feelings and there's been enough of that lately. Other individuals in other places have taken steps to curb the gang mentality that caused a lot of trouble here. The change in atmosphere here as a result has been immediate and is like a breath of fresh air. I give those who took the action a great deal of credit for doing so, as I give credit to those who have agreed that it's time to bury some hatchets and get back to the serious business of vacations.

I wish I had an e-mail address that I am willing to post publicly so that we could take this off-line.

I hear what you're saying, but geniality is a two-way street. Even if you perceive things have gotten better, people still get their heads chopped off for having an unpopular opinion, and sometimes for asking innocent questions that have been asked a thousand times before. I just wish people would think before they post and imagine they are on the receiving end of what they are about to say.

I’d post here regarding cheerleaders, but ‘rob, ahracer and Largin have pretty much summed up my feelings. I learned long ago when one is degraded by the use of a word or phrase, adopting that word or phrase takes the sting out of it - hence I've become a cheerleader. Can't help it that I like it.

As for having one’s head chopped off for an unpopular opinion, the hatchet doesn’t necessarily come from cheerleaders. In fact this cheerleader was pretty much hacked to death on a couple of threads a few months ago and when I asked for help, I was told to stop asking for “pity.” It is correct that an unpopular opinion can sometimes cause distress for the poster with the opinion, but it matters not on which side of the fence one resides. I still have some scars from Caribbean Princess, MUTS and formal/jeans discussions on this board. Many from posters who lie in wait for an opportunity to bash the poster instead of discuss the topic. And responses to those bashes – which I admit should be ignored – are then countered with accusations of rudeness and lack of respect.

I think Tink did the right thing in limiting the number of Grand Princess threads and I would personally prefer that she more closely monitor these boards even though I sometimes question the methods of the moderators here. In the long run, I think the moderators do the right thing.

No matter – after the last couple of weeks of vile postings, things have calmed down a bit – why do we have to dredge things up again?

I would love to continue to let Zydocruiser get blammed for posting the above thread, but it was actually me that posted it.

I being the new guy around here couldn't believe I was reading adults giving each other the riot act for attempting to get cruise related questions answered. Thought I landed in a hostile message board.

I have since found out that most all of you are truly nice people and it seemed like my thread (even though it messed with the rules a bit) helped bring out other members feelings that felt the same way. I think it is ok once in awhile to remind this friendly cruise community to stay that way. :o

Like I said, it's a two-way street. Bait - not taken. "Not prudent at this juncture....not gonna do it." (My Bush Senior impression ala Dana Carvey)

Bait not thrown... bdjam statements are factual.. I suggest that this thread be closed as it serves no purpose.. The OP asked a question and it was answered most correctly by cherylandtk who said, quoting the CC Guidlines

"Special Note Regarding Removal Of Posts

Posts may be removed from our forums at the sole discretion of Cruise Critic without notification to it's author or discussion participants. We may also MOVE a post to our Floataway Lounge that has veered off the original topic. Additionally, the discussion of our management policies and procedures -- including post deletions-- is considered off-topic discussion for our cruise boards and will also be removed without notice. If you have a question about the removal of any posting please contact me at community@cruisecritic.com."

Archived