Dining on Celebration

BNL1213

This is another reason to book early, early , early. Then you get the dinner time you want and the type table. Twos are hard to come by on most ships.

Sometimes if not competely full you could get a 4 toper for 2. Late time would have better chance.

This is another reason to book early, early , early. Then you get the dinner time you want and the type table.

Well, that's just not correct at all. Many folks book a year or more prior to a cruise and still don't get the dining assignment they requested. And sometimes, last-minute bookers get exactly what they requested. It's strictly up to the Maitre d'.;)

Although there aren't many two-tops, the booths that supposedly accomadate four are small, and are really better for two. That's what we had and it worked quite well. Getting one of those should not be a problem.

And to echo the above poster, when you book has no impact on your dining assignment. We booked almost a year in advance, and were still not originally assigned the time we requested. No problem getting it changed once onboard though.

BNL - When you first get to your cabin, there will be a copy of the Capers (ship's daily newsletter). In there will be an announcement as to what time and where to see the Maitre d' to request a change in your dining assignment. Go early - the lines get long.:)

There are a few tables on the Celebration, but very few.

We were in the Vista Dining , which is either 6:15 or 8:30.

We remember one right up against the wall when you entered the dining room, and it seemed pretty bad because almost everybody had to walk right past it to get to their tables.

Most of the tables sat either four, and eight, many had windows. I loved our table for eight and enjoyed getting to know our other cruisers. We had every meal together except for one.

Of course, on our Conquest cruise, we had a table for four and never saw our table partners, so we had a table for two the whole week!!

You will enjoy all the meals!!

Oh...hey COTTON...check out my sig...Holiday and Celebration in three months!!

JB

Our family of four had a great table for six last week on Celebration. We went down to see the Maitre D a couple of minutes before the announced time. We were looking for a particular Maitre D's dining room, but he was on vacation. So the Maitre D' (Dino) set us up with this great table right in the middle of the DR near the piano. Got to see all of the action and entertainment each evening. Best thing is it took no more than 5 minutes for Dino to "hook us up" with our reservation for the week.

WOW - you go girl!:)

1) I am a guy...but married to a wonderful girl...

2) Bad news....thanks to the Governor, we will lose our Fall break next week when the legislature votes...so I guess as quick as I finally got on the Holiday, guess now I am off....bummer.

I still hope to get on "Your" Holiday somtime....

Now I can check on some summer bookings instead...

JB'

Archived