Star/A newbie

minnie328

Hi there.

I have a lot of cruising experience but not on NCL. 
- Do you know how to do room service…? It’s free or not? I saw that it is $9.99 every day for room service….?

- I will cruise on the Star…do you know what coffee is brewed? Starbucks?

-  Formal night… what is the attire?

- ice cream or frozen yogurt is okay with  covid?

- do you have tips and tricks for me?

Thanks!!

9 hours ago, minnie328 said:

Hi there.

- Do you know how to do room service…? It’s free or not? I saw that it is $9.99 every day for room service….?

Thanks!!

A.M coffee and continental breakfast is free. All other room service is $9.95 per delivery, not per day. Haven't been on the Star, but don't think they have Starbucks yet. Supposed to be fleetwide by the end of 2022. "Dress up or not" is NCLs version of a formal night. Self explanatory. Ice cream still available, but I believe both hard and softserve are no longer self-service.No tricks, but extra tips for the crew are always welcome!

13 hours ago, cruiserbear55 said:

A.M coffee and continental breakfast is free. All other room service is $9.95 per delivery, not per day. Haven't been on the Star, but don't think they have Starbucks yet. Supposed to be fleetwide by the end of 2022. "Dress up or not" is NCLs version of a formal night. Self explanatory. Ice cream still available, but I believe both hard and softserve are no longer self-service.No tricks, but extra tips for the crew are always welcome!

Okay! Thanks!!

When is your trip scheduled for? I'll be on the Star this coming May. Never sailed on that ship yet, but I have sailed with NCL a few times on other ships.

The perks and what does/does not come included also depends on the cabin you book. Suites and Haven rooms get some things included for free that regular cabins pay for.

On 12/17/2021 at 6:11 AM, minnie328 said:

Hi there.

Thanks!!

continental breakfast room service is free. Hot breakfast and all other room service comes with a delivery charge. 

generic brewed coffee. Starbucks specialty coffee is available for Starbucks prices. 

the have ice cream, sorbet, and frozen soft serve. all ok with Covid. 

there are no formal nights on NCL. Ncl embraces the “dress up or not”,,, you’re on vacation philosophy. Shorts are allowed in all dining rooms for all meals EXCEPT for Le Bistro and the Versailles main dining room who ask that gents wear long pants (jeans or dockers are fine) to dinner. 

book specialty dining exactly 120 days before embarkation online. Hardest to get dinner reservations are Teppanyaki, Cagney’s. 

Here’s a sample of specialty menus (not all are on the star). 

here a sample of MDR and room service menus