Mask Mandate starting 12/18

pilgrimage

38 minutes ago, susiesan said:

pilgrimage, so how many ports will you miss out of how many scheduled? Looks like your cruise is turning into a bust. Sorry for you about the unlucky bad timing.

Assuming we get Sint Maarten tomorrow, that will be 4 out of 7.  Definitely not a bust - we've had a great time.  Anyone that gets on a Covid-era cruise without expecting some flexibility is deluding themselves.  

• Like 11

49 minutes ago, pilgrimage said:

Assuming we get Sint Maarten tomorrow, that will be 4 out of 7.  Definitely not a bust - we've had a great time.  Anyone that gets on a Covid-era cruise without expecting some flexibility is deluding themselves.  

Absolutely. We’re joining Riviera on 1/14. We are ready for a cruise-to-nowhere.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, susiesan said:

pilgrimage, so how many ports will you miss out of how many scheduled? Looks like your cruise is turning into a bust. Sorry for you about the unlucky bad timing.

Hey...a day on a ship is better than a day at home, work,sick, in a fire, Tornado, hurricane, airplane crash, IRS audit, earthquake, tsunami, ....................life is good when you perceive it.....

• Like 5

16 hours ago, AlexCherie said:

Have they been able to maintain all entertainment venues?
Any changes to access to pool/sauna/hot tub/gym?

And please remember ... wipe down all surfaces before you leave. Our seat at Waves is set up for the January 4. 

Cheers!

I haven't heard about any limit on those - the only thing I've seen is them disallowing drinks in the Riviera theater so everyone will keep their masks on.

Lazy day in a lounger planned for this sea day, Toscana tonight.

271094721_10221353729578466_6270428646661161079_n.thumb.jpg.ede02d9b3c4950d0de8766397cc27c84.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pilgrimage said:

I haven't heard about any limit on those - the only thing I've seen is them disallowing drinks in the Riviera theater so everyone will keep their masks on.

271094721_10221353729578466_6270428646661161079_n.thumb.jpg.ede02d9b3c4950d0de8766397cc27c84.jpg

You should have never gotten on board. 

Cheers mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sadly, someone on the Riviera posted a pic of a person being loaded into an ambulance while docked in St Maarten.  Any word on if it was Covid related or not and whether it was a passenger or crew member?  Just curious.

On 1/2/2022 at 8:40 AM, pilgrimage said:

Did they do New Year's Eve parties and if so how was it handled?

1 hour ago, Love.II.Cruise said:

Did they do New Year's Eve parties and if so how was it handled?

I skipped the festivities - not my thing.  It sounded like things went on as planned, just with masks.  I think the main party was on pool deck, so at least it was outside.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pilgrimage said:

I skipped the festivities - not my thing.  It sounded like things went on as planned, just with masks.  I think the main party was on pool deck, so at least it was outside.

Got it.  Sounds like they did good having the main party on the pool deck.  

Do you have to do a COVID test to get off the ship in Miami?  If so, and you test positive, what happens?  Seems like protocols change so quickly that I can't keep up!

Thank you for sharing your pictures and have a safe travel home!

Edited by Love.II.Cruise
wanted to clarify question

6 hours ago, Love.II.Cruise said:

Got it.  Sounds like they did good having the main party on the pool deck.  

Do you have to do a COVID test to get off the ship in Miami?  If so, and you test positive, what happens?  Seems like protocols change so quickly that I can't keep up!

Thank you for sharing your pictures and have a safe travel home!

No test required, although they did offer optional testing yesterday for people who need that related to their final destination.  It was listed in the Currents one time as mandatory, but I think that was a mistake (maybe a cut/paste from our Barbados testing requirements) since it showed as optional the next day and was never referenced as mandatory anywhere else. 

We did hear multiple people throughout the day yesterday being requested to contact reception, don't know if that was related to the testing.  I don't know what the protocol would be for a positive test in that case.

Glad you enjoyed the photos!  Not looking forward to the airport today.