FYI Some Magnifica cruises cancelled

styles27

6 hours ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Hi Carol, Mick, Terri & Rocco

Just wanted to say have a fabulous Xmas and I hope all works out what either of you both decide to do for your new year cruises.

I hope so very much cruising in 2022 will be so much better than this year because at some point we all need to get on with and live with these viruses. Have a good one 😃🎄🎅🎁🥂

Merry Xmas to you and Nick too Suzanne. We still haven’t decided what to do, I’m actually getting fed up thinking about it now. I’ve even looked at a TUI cruise out of Malaga, I mean really, TUI?? Desperate times or what! 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Hi Carol, Mick, Terri & Rocco

Just wanted to say have a fabulous Xmas and I hope all works out what either of you both decide to do for your new year cruises.

I hope so very much cruising in 2022 will be so much better than this year because at some point we all need to get on with and live with these viruses. Have a good one 😃🎄🎅🎁🥂

Happy Christmas to you and Nick too Suzanne! 
We lifted and shifted our cruise to Virtuosa in June sailing locally from Southampton as this seemed a safer bet. Once I had decided, as it was a Yacht club booking it was all sorted in 5 minutes with a phone call! 
As you said, let’s hope 2022 is a better cruising year for us all! Hope to see you onboard again one day!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CaroleC said:

Merry Xmas to you and Nick too Suzanne. We still haven’t decided what to do, I’m actually getting fed up thinking about it now. I’ve even looked at a TUI cruise out of Malaga, I mean really, TUI?? Desperate times or what! 😂😂

Merry Christmas Carole and Mick!

I know what you mean about being fed up with thinking about what to do. I instantly felt relieved when we decided not to go on our Jan cruise as we couldn’t risk losing our money if restrictions happened either here or in Spain. Insurance wouldn’t cover it and nor would the cruise (as it would sail anyway!) if we couldn’t get there. Next we need to cancel our flights, hotel and parking!! 
I think being in ‘limbo’ and undecided what to do is pretty stressful and once a decision is made to stay or go, it makes you feel more settled.

Hopefully we will see each other again, on some ship somewhere, soon!

I will raise a glass of Hugo Spitz to you this Weekend!! 😂🥂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ConnieTact said:

Happy Christmas to you and Nick too Suzanne! 
We lifted and shifted our cruise to Virtuosa in June sailing locally from Southampton as this seemed a safer bet. Once I had decided, as it was a Yacht club booking it was all sorted in 5 minutes with a phone call! 
As you said, let’s hope 2022 is a better cruising year for us all! Hope to see you onboard again one 

Thank you😊 🥂 I agree with you I've got 3 cruises booked for next year one of them is a fly cruise to the med on the Seaside end September and to be honest I'm having doubts on that even now. It's my daughters 21st birthday cruise in YC and I said to Nick when does all this testing stop. So worried about flying then get to the ship and what if one of us gets a positive test its then game over. 

Yes it would be great if we could all meet up again maybe if they did some cruises out of Southampton again at the end of the year again maybe we could all try and do a 2022 new year eve one!? Just a thought. Anyway have a good one! 🎄🎁🎅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ConnieTact said:

Merry Christmas Carole and Mick!

I know what you mean about being fed up with thinking about what to do. I instantly felt relieved when we decided not to go on our Jan cruise as we couldn’t risk losing our money if restrictions happened either here or in Spain. Insurance wouldn’t cover it and nor would the cruise (as it would sail anyway!) if we couldn’t get there. Next we need to cancel our flights, hotel and parking!! 
I think being in ‘limbo’ and undecided what to do is pretty stressful and once a decision is made to stay or go, it makes you feel more settled.

Hopefully we will see each other again, on some ship somewhere, soon!

I will raise a glass of Hugo Spitz to you this Weekend!! 😂🥂

Yes I know exactly what you mean Terri, it’s so unsettling when you don’t know what to do for the best. I had to laugh though this morning, I woke up to an upgrade offer email from MSC that had been sent during the night for  next week’s cruise which they cancelled last weekend 🙄. Gotta love MSC!! 😁

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, CaroleC said:

TUI! Oh bless ya! Mmm yes that would be something 😂 personally I think I would just stay at home as things keep changing in Europe and in this country and try again mid Jan onwards. Boris has yet to tell us what is happening after Xmas so all up in the air. Anyway what ever you decide to do it will be the right decision for you. Have a good Xmas in the meantime 😊🎁🎄🎅

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Yes it would be great if we could all meet up again maybe if they did some cruises out of Southampton again at the end of the year again maybe we could all try and do a 2022 new year eve one!? Just a thought. 

I’d definitely be up for that 🥂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaroleC said:

I’d definitely be up for that 🥂

Brilliant so would I. Try and make up for this year's disappointing new year's cruise. I don't know if msc are sailing out of Southampton end 2022 they seem to be really slow at releasing anything for winter 2022/2023. If Terri and Rocco are up for it too then I think we should go for it! It would be great to catch up again over some Hugo Spitz!!🤣😊🥂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

personally I think I would just stay at home as things keep changing in Europe and in this country

Yes that what I keep thinking but Mick’s desperate to get away. He’s had a really hard couple of months at work trying to get a big contract finished then he’s starting another large one on the 10th January. Doesn’t think he’ll be able to arrange time off for months then.

20 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

Yes that what I keep thinking but Mick’s desperate to get away. He’s had a really hard couple of months at work trying to get a big contract finished then he’s starting another large one on the 10th January. Doesn’t think he’ll be able to arrange time off for months then.

That makes sense as to why you want to get away. P&O are doing a cruise on 29th Dec from Southampton up to Stavanger Norway and Belgium 5 nights? (Western Europe, 5 Nights (N128) booking code)

1 hour ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

That makes sense as to why you want to get away. P&O are doing a cruise on 29th Dec from Southampton up to Stavanger Norway and Belgium 5 nights? (Western Europe, 5 Nights (N128) booking code)

I’ve actually looked at that but the price put me off. When you add on a drinks package it makes it really expensive for 5 nights. I much prefer MSC’s pricing lol.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

That’s interesting! Made me look at it and seriously think about it!

Booking in the school holidays may not be so good though!

Thanks for the idea though! I thought there was no choice at all! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2021 at 9:44 AM, CaroleC said:

Yes I know exactly what you mean Terri, it’s so unsettling when you don’t know what to do for the best. I had to laugh though this morning, I woke up to an upgrade offer email from MSC that had been sent during the night for  next week’s cruise which they cancelled last weekend 🙄. Gotta love MSC!! 😁

Well, it transpired we did exactly the right thing as Rocco tested positive for covid on Saturday and me today! We would have been travelling to London today to fly out from LHR to Spain tomorrow! Instead I’m isolating at home! 
We booked for Feb 1st on Magnifica and so will both be clear by then so it was a good move!

I hope you (& Mick) had a good week and enjoy this weekend -whatever you do instead of your cancelled cruise.

Happy New Year! 🥂and happy Cruising in 2022! 

9 hours ago, ConnieTact said:

Well, it transpired we did exactly the right thing as Rocco tested positive for covid on Saturday and me today! We would have been travelling to London today to fly out from LHR to Spain tomorrow! Instead I’m isolating at home! 
We booked for Feb 1st on Magnifica and so will both be clear by then so it was a good move!

I hope you (& Mick) had a good week and enjoy this weekend -whatever you do instead of your cancelled cruise.

Happy New Year! 🥂and happy Cruising in 2022! 

Hi Terri, sorry to hear about you and Rocco, hope neither of you have been too unwell and wish you both a speedy recovery. 
Well, I ended up doing a (very) last minute booking for a week in Spain. I managed to book cheap Ryanair flights and found a reasonably priced hotel. We flew on the 30th and returned a couple of days ago. Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, it’s a long time since we’ve had a land based holiday. We had fabulous weather and have come home with quite a tan which definitely wouldn’t have happened if the cruise had gone ahead 🥶. Our next one isn’t until June now with Royal Caribbean, however, we were chatting last night and think we may sneak a week in at the end of March/beginning of April. We’ll probably look at booking the Magnifica again, hopefully all of the countries on the itinerary will have lifted their travel restrictions by then.

Happy New Year to you both too 🥂

Edited by CaroleC
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 10:03 AM, CaroleC said:

Hi Terri, sorry to hear about you and Rocco, hope neither of you have been too unwell and wish you both a speedy recovery. 
Well, I ended up doing a (very) last minute booking for a week in Spain. I managed to book cheap Ryanair flights and found a reasonably priced hotel. We flew on the 30th and returned a couple of days ago. Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, it’s a long time since we’ve had a land based holiday. We had fabulous weather and have come home with quite a tan which definitely wouldn’t have happened if the cruise had gone ahead 🥶. Our next one isn’t until June now with Royal Caribbean, however, we were chatting last night and think we may sneak a week in at the end of March/beginning of April. We’ll probably look at booking the Magnifica again, hopefully all of the countries on the itinerary will have lifted their travel restrictions by then.

Happy New Year to you both too 🥂

Great idea about land based holiday as no other cruises were suitable.

I’m glad you got away before Mick’s busy time.

if you (or Suzanne want to email me it’s connietact at hotmail dot com!

We have a cruise on Magnifica on the 1st February and hope that it will be a restful one to have so recuperation on! Rocco back to work but I’m still isolating for now.  A bit like having flu but with very changeable symptoms! Glad I’m home but a cruise would be even better!! 🤣

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

Great idea about land based holiday as no other cruises were suitable.

I’m glad you got away before Mick’s busy time.

if you (or Suzanne want to email me it’s connietact at hotmail dot com!

We have a cruise on Magnifica on the 1st February and hope that it will be a restful one to have so recuperation on! Rocco back to work but I’m still isolating for now.  A bit like having flu but with very changeable symptoms! Glad I’m home but a cruise would be even better!! 🤣

Hi ya Teri so sorry to hear about cruise and now covid what a nightmare. At least you've rebooked and I don't want to get hopes up but hopefully it looks as if Boris has seen some sort of sense 🤣 and is I hope now finding away for us to get on with life and live with covid like we do with cold or flu. 

Glad Mick and Carol managed to get away in the end and Carol if your reading this hope you had a fab time. 😀 

11 minutes ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Carol if your reading this hope you had a fab time. 😀

Happy New Year Suzanne & Nick.

Yes, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves thanks. It was a bit stressful arranging everything last minute but I forgot about that once we were there in the sunshine. I was a bit annoyed with Boris as he changed for the rules for return testing 24 hours too late for us! Could have saved €50 if he’d decided a day earlier lol. Hopefully things are now heading in the right direction and cruising will be able to return to some sort of normality this year 🤞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CaroleC said:

Happy New Year Suzanne & Nick.

Yes, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves thanks. It was a bit stressful arranging everything last minute but I forgot about that once we were there in the sunshine. I was a bit annoyed with Boris as he changed for the rules for return testing 24 hours too late for us! Could have saved €50 if he’d decided a day earlier lol. Hopefully things are now heading in the right direction and cruising will be able to return to some sort of normality this year 🤞

Carol I've asked Teri to pass my email address on to you if you email her then we can all keep in touch😊 oh and yes Happy New Year to both of you!🥂 yes Boris didn't time that well for you and I would be annoyed too I'm just glad you got to go away in the end. Our Next cruise is May so hopefully we won't have to test like mad by then especially after all these jabs! 

• Like 1