Late to designated check in

1st

I have a 10:30-11:00 check in time. Does anyone know what happens if I show up late to this? Can I still immediately get on or am I given another time to check in? Thanks in advance. 🙂

3 hours ago, nlktx49 said:

In Galveston, and I assume other ports, it doesn't matter if you check in later than your assigned time. It's if you try to check in before your time that you are asked to go wait in another line.

In Tampa they were letting people into the terminal with no regards to check-in time whatsoever.  They weren't getting on the ship before their group was called (A1, A2, A3, etc.), but they were certainly in the terminal jamming everything up.  We saw folks seated near us at 10:45 with a 12:30 check-in time.

In the past few months I've sailed out of both Tampa and Port Canaveral and you'd most certainly be able to get in with no issues if you arrived late.

In Galveston in October we were 2 people back from the guy checking boarding times. He and several employees took a few minute water break and started checking people again. Because it was now 5 minutes past our window they sent us to the longer early/late line instead of the on time line. Probably slowed our getting on board by at least 30 minutes. I was NOT happy but we were going on a cruise so I decided to just let it go.