Where does the Star Breeze dock in Tahaa French Polynesia

stromer

I am trying to plan excursions in Tahaa to the Coral Gardens and need to know where my ship (Windstar Star Breeze) is actually docked or anchored since I do not know where my ships dock location is.  Windstar says it is near Baie Faha which is near Motu Mahaea.  They say they tender between these 2 locations.  I cannot find these locations on the map and Windstar cannot tell me so does anyone know where that is on the map.  I have a map of Tahaa - if you know where this location is could you point it out in relation to items on the map or in relation to clock locations on the map where 12:00 is at the top or Patio and 6:00 is at the bottom or Poutoru and 8:00 is at Tiva and the resort near the Coral Garden is about 9:30 on the atoll.. I am trying to coordinate this excursion with Winstar activities on the Motu Mahaea.  Also does this Motu have snorkling/reef, etc.

Thanks, Rick

Based on drone footage I've found on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdE5CSbyVLE), It looks like Motu Mahaea is in this location,  if that helps. There's a distinctive set of 4 coral heads to the southwest that helps identify it.  The video may help orient you to where the ship anchors in relationship to the Motu.  What they refer to as Baie Faha is undoubtedly Fa'a'aha Bay on this map, the upper of the two bays visible.

y4mg_2acBxt_lbz-GCDLTd-MYtW7PB4REviHKMTH

@stromer

The ship anchors not far off Motu Mahaea. There's a view of the island of Tahaa but you're still about 1/2 mile from it at anchor. Coral Gardens tours leave directly from the ship. The snorkeling off Motu Mahaea is poor and we scoured all around the motu. Think of it as a place to just relax, enjoy the barbecue, kayak, and swim. Not for any reason should you miss the Coral Gardens tour unless you do it from Raiatea. You really miss nothing of Motu Mahaea if you do the Coral Gardens tour. CG is only 3 hours, so you're back about 11:30 with lots of time for luncheon, relax in shade of motu and *try* to see some fish snorkeling, I admit that after the CG tour, with 3.5 hours hanging around Motu Mahaea I was a little bored. Much rather be on the ship with the sports platform.

• Like 1