Can we make a 10:30 excursion in Cozumel?

jumbojem96

We are thinking of booking an non-NCL excursion at the Cozumel port for our Jan 8 Joy sailing. It will be on a Thursday.

Does anyone think or know that if we get in line to disembark the ship early, if we will be off in time to make an excursion about 5 minutes away by taxi at 10:30am?

The only other option is 2pm (its a 4 hour tour) and the ship leaves the port at 5pm.

How early do you have to be back on the ship not to get left behind? It's my first time cruising as an adult couple, without my parents and siblings!

it looks like you dock at 8am which means you'll have plenty of time. When getting off at Cozumel... it takes just a bit longer to get to where the taxis actually are. Once you get off the boat it's about a 5-8 min walk to customs which can take a few minutes to get thru. Then you'll head up the escalators into the shopping area, walk thru that then down the escalators on other side and end up where the taxis park. So I'd say give yourself minimum 20 minutes from the time you walk off boat to get to where taxis are. 10:30am excursion... I'd leave my room at 9:15-9:20

• Like 1

Yes. We always do a non-NCL excursion in Cozumel (Cozumel Bar Hop) and we have no issues.  But to be clear, we leave from Senor Frogs which is just across the street from the Port. Just make sure you are on local time, not ship time. We almost missed it our first year 😆 

Edited by Niffernay
Added info
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, kayjay76 said:

it looks like you dock at 8am which means you'll have plenty of time. When getting off at Cozumel... it takes just a bit longer to get to where the taxis actually are. Once you get off the boat it's about a 5-8 min walk to customs which can take a few minutes to get thru. Then you'll head up the escalators into the shopping area, walk thru that then down the escalators on other side and end up where the taxis park. So I'd say give yourself minimum 20 minutes from the time you walk off boat to get to where taxis are. 10:30am excursion... I'd leave my room at 9:15-9:20

1 hour ago, Niffernay said:

Yes. We always do a non-NCL excursion in Cozumel (Cozumel Bar Hop) and we have no issues.  But to be clear, we leave from Senor Frogs which is just across the street from the Port. Just make sure you are on local time, not ship time. We almost missed it our first year 😆 

Thank you! For some reason I was thinking that we arrive at Cozumel at 10am! So this was probably a silly question!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jumbojem96 said:

How early do you have to be back on the ship not to get left behind? It's my first time cruising as an adult couple, without my parents and siblings!

Usually 30 minutes before departure.  That info for each port will be in your Freestyle Daily and on a sign at the gangway as you exit.  Make sure you check it.  (Take a photo if you want.)  Also, in the unlikely event that you miss the ship at any port, always take with you the name of and contact info for the port agent (which should be in the Freestyle Daily).   

• Like 1