What is MSC policy on price drops?

brandy3415

I just was trying to print boarding docs, no luck (18 days out)

I went to Voyagers Club page and with a little searching found that my cruise is now being offered for over 300 less that I paid.  There is also the matter of a cancelled stop on the cruise.

Does anyone know if MSC responds positively to cruisers who question this?  I have emailed the cruise agent tonight but trying to get an idea of what to expect. (Mainly so I won't be disappointed)

I just this week noticed our Jan 8th Seashore cruise is on the VC member voyage list so we were entitled to 15% + 5% discount but on my paperwork I only received the 5% discount, also double points and OBC x2 

I phoned on Monday and had a great rep named Kirby and he was able to get me an OBC in the amount of the extra 15% off plus 2 $50 OBC. It was almost $300. 

He did it while I was on the phone and stayed on the phone with me until I saw it on my MSC account and received his email with the OBC addition. I got really lucky getting such a great phone agent. 

So call and try, the worse they can say is no. 

Also if you’re a VC member be sure you received all of the perks (15% + 5%, up to $50 OBC x 2 and double points) if your cruise is one listed under that promotion. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, styles27 said:

I just this week noticed our Jan 8th Seashore cruise is on the VC member voyage list so we were entitled to 15% + 5% discount but on my paperwork I only received the 5% discount, also double points and OBC x2 

I phoned on Monday and had a great rep named Kirby and he was able to get me an OBC in the amount of the extra 15% off plus 2 $50 OBC. It was almost $300. 

He did it while I was on the phone and stayed on the phone with me until I saw it on my MSC account and received his email with the OBC addition. I got really lucky getting such a great phone agent. 

So call and try, the worse they can say is no. 

Also if you’re a VC member be sure you received all of the perks (15% + 5%, up to $50 OBC x 2 and double points) if your cruise is one listed under that promotion. 

Did you book directly with MSC?   My TA told me will not make adjustments for our 1/15 sailing.

3 hours ago, MrsFops&FopsC5 said:

Did you book directly with MSC?   My TA told me will not make adjustments for our 1/15 sailing.

Yes I always book direct with the cruise line so I can have control of everything.

The VC promotion was running when I booked the cruise on 12/03/21 which is why they adjusted it for me. It should have happened automatically when I entered our VC numbers at the time of booking but it didn’t. 

I did not get a refund they gave me an OBC in the amount of the additional 15% off which is fine with me as we will use it for gratuities/service charge. 

6 hours ago, styles27 said:

Yes I always book direct with the cruise line so I can have control of everything.

The VC promotion was running when I booked the cruise on 12/03/21 which is why they adjusted it for me. It should have happened automatically when I entered our VC numbers at the time of booking but it didn’t. 

I did not get a refund they gave me an OBC in the amount of the additional 15% off which is fine with me as we will use it for gratuities/service charge. 

I booked mine the day before you did. I am not familiar with this promotion, was it also running when I booked? What about the Jan 15th cruise? I booked them separately? Thanks!

13 minutes ago, tkwbear said:

I booked mine the day before you did. I am not familiar with this promotion, was it also running when I booked? What about the Jan 15th cruise? I booked them separately? Thanks!

If you booked the day before I did there’s a good chance it was. 
It’s under the “cruise deals” tab found all the way to the right on MSC’s home page. Scroll all the way down until you see this 

A253452A-8DBA-4FAE-9578-9C803A0FA419.thumb.jpeg.5a20807ceb5fc839d2730754c385a38a.jpegclick on that and you’ll get to the page where it gives a description of the VC Members voyages. It will look like this 

2837C472-DD7A-4B30-8B42-060BA9F6148D.thumb.png.f7659f530d1e3206c208e7e63e034be7.png

You can search for your cruise there to see if it qualifies. 

I copied the link to that page so hopefully it works for you. 

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/cruise-discount-5-plus-15

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, styles27 said:

If you booked the day before I did there’s a good chance it was. 
It’s under the “cruise deals” tab found all the way to the right on MSC’s home page. Scroll all the way down until you see this 

A253452A-8DBA-4FAE-9578-9C803A0FA419.thumb.jpeg.5a20807ceb5fc839d2730754c385a38a.jpegclick on that and you’ll get to the page where it gives a description of the VC Members voyages. It will look like this 

2837C472-DD7A-4B30-8B42-060BA9F6148D.thumb.png.f7659f530d1e3206c208e7e63e034be7.png

You can search for your cruise there to see if it qualifies. 

I copied the link to that page so hopefully it works for you. 

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/cruise-discount-5-plus-15

Thanks! Does it require you buy a drink package? I don't want to do that.

You are definitely one of the more helpful posters on the forum!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, tkwbear said:

Thanks! Does it require you buy a drink package? I don't want to do that.

You are definitely one of the more helpful posters on the forum!

Thank you I appreciate that! 

No drink package required. We didn’t purchase the “all in drinks and WiFi” for this cruise.
We did have it on Divina last month and honestly by day 3 I didn’t feel like drinking all day and night.
A glass or two of wine at dinner is my limit and definitely not every day lol 

Between the alcohol and the rocking ship it puts me to sleep. 🥱

6 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Thank you I appreciate that! 

No drink package required. We didn’t purchase the “all in drinks and WiFi” for this cruise.
We did have it on Divina last month and honestly by day 3 I didn’t feel like drinking all day and night.
A glass or two of wine at dinner is my limit and definitely not every day lol 

Between the alcohol and the rocking ship it puts me to sleep. 🥱

Thanks. I've been on cruises where people with beverage packages were determined to get their money's worth. Not fun for the rest of us.

I booked my January 8th and 15th cruises as back to back, not the 14 day option. It seemed to be a little cheaper. Did you buy it that way or was it the full 14 days?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tkwbear said:

Thanks. I've been on cruises where people with beverage packages were determined to get their money's worth. Not fun for the rest of us.

I booked my January 8th and 15th cruises as back to back, not the 14 day option. It seemed to be a little cheaper. Did you buy it that way or was it the full 14 days?

Definitely not fun for the rest when others over indulge. All inclusive resorts can get like that too. 

We’re only doing a 7 day. So we’ll be on Jan 8-15.

We originally were going to do b2b but we need to get home before the 18th so it didn’t work out this time. 

Hopefully Seashore will work through their cdc color status issues before our cruise. They’re currently yellow which isn’t great news. 

Definitely not fun for the rest when others over indulge. All inclusive resorts can get like that too. 

We’re only doing a 7 day. So we’ll be on Jan 8-15.

We originally were going to do b2b but we need to get home before the 18th so it didn’t work out this time. 

Hopefully Seashore will work through their cdc color status issues before our cruise. They’re currently yellow which isn’t great news. 

Looks like more ships than not are in yellow status, at least those that have passengers.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tkwbear said:

Looks like more ships than not are in yellow status, at least those that have passengers.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

Yes I’ve been watching that the last couple of weeks. It went from mostly green to mostly yellow in less than a week. 
I hope it doesn’t get to the next level but I wouldn’t be surprised if it does. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tkwbear said:

I talked to MSC this morning and they did update my account with lots of shipboard credit due to the promotion we talked about before. Thanks again styles27!

Awesome! I’m so happy it worked out for you! You’re very welcome! 

• Like 1

Awesome! I’m so happy it worked out for you! You’re very welcome! 

If you guys are interested in meeting for a drink, I would be glad to buy. I'm in room 13129. You can just let me know on board.

2 hours ago, tkwbear said:

If you guys are interested in meeting for a drink, I would be glad to buy. I'm in room 13129. You can just let me know on board.

That would be nice. We’re in 11079 we’re Deb & John (that’s us in profile pic) 😊

• Like 1

Great topic, You guys have given me the info to get us a 100 OBC. Called today as our cabin was less now than when booked so the very helpful lady gave us 50 each OBC. AWESOME, pay for some gratuity. We will be on Jan. 8 Divina. So excited to get on a ship. I have been reading anything I can find about Covid. We are hoping this all works out. Forgot the CS lady also told me we would get an OBC for the canceled Georgetown port. She did not know how much it was though. See you guys onboard.

• Like 1

Well, I read all the posts and then contacted the cruise agency we booked with.   It took a day or so and they called me this evening with MSC on the line.  They repriced the cruise and gave us full OBC for the difference!   I asked about the double Voyager's points and the agent will contact Voyagers about this and get back to me. 

I am happy with even this outcome, and thank you all who responded!

• Like 2

I am not sure they handled my bookings properly, even though we went through each one separately. Nothing shows up on the 1/8 booking, which should have included $50 OBC credit plus credit for the price reduction. On the 1/15 booking it shows 2 $50 OBC credits but nothing for the price reduction. How did this work for the rest of you?

6 hours ago, tkwbear said:

I am not sure they handled my bookings properly, even though we went through each one separately. Nothing shows up on the 1/8 booking, which should have included $50 OBC credit plus credit for the price reduction. On the 1/15 booking it shows 2 $50 OBC credits but nothing for the price reduction. How did this work for the rest of you?

For us it’s showing $50 OBC with both our names so $100 total and then another voucher for $100 and one for $65. The agent broke the $165 up into 2 additional OBC. (that was the additional 15% off amount)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, styles27 said:

For us it’s showing $50 OBC with both our names so $100 total and then another voucher for $100 and one for $65. The agent broke the $165 up into 2 additional OBC. (that was the additional 15% off amount)

Thanks. I guess I will need to call them again.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 2:14 PM, tkwbear said:

Hi, I wanted to let you know we’ve decided to use the cruise flex and postpone our cruise until the Fall. ☹️

It was a difficult decision and we struggled with it all weekend. We’re not worried that we’ll become ill, as we’ve both had the booster but the increasing case numbers are a little alarming. 

The main reason we decided to postpone is our daughter depends on me to help with getting our little grandson to and from school  (she’s in nursing school) and I’m worried that if Covid #’s on our sailing go above the cdc threshold to the next level (red) that we may not be able to disembark or get home in time. 
(Her clinical’s begin on Jan 18th so we need to be home for sure by then.)

I’m calling MSC this morning…hopefully I’ll get a competent rep and it will be a seamless transaction. 

Part of me is saying we’re being over cautious but I know I’d be stressing about it the entire cruise. Ugh! Hate Covid!

Edited by styles27