CDC Color status for 2 MSC ships no longer “green”

styles27

I’m seeing Divina is now in Orange status and Seashore is now Yellow (it’s been orange the last week or so)

Anyone onboard Seashore now that can tell us if there are more Covid protocols being enforced?  Any mention of the Covid cases? 
I saw a post earlier this week on here that stated this is the busiest Seashore sailing in the US with over 3,000 passengers on board this week.  How crowded are the venues, elevators etc? 

We’re booked on Seashore  Jan 8th so definitely watching this closely.

0B30EC4D-A2B9-4A1C-BF15-ADC6A79BC9BB.thumb.jpeg.a156b91e77e90370bd11a3c1b153bcef.jpeg

If it stays yellow we will probably still go but if it elevates to the next level we will think about cancelling. 😩

16FD6B12-6B82-499D-A378-BA1AFE415DB6.thumb.png.a933d26b9cefdc9496fa66d06714321b.png

• Like 1

That cdc chart is not as “green” as it has been. 
For example Royal Caribbean has a dozen ships in the yellow status. Ugh!

I don’t see how the cdc will drop their cso on Jan 15th. Looks like another extension is inevitable. Fingers crossed these ships turn green again very soon or our cruising days may be limited again. ☹️

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

Edited by styles27

The MSC Seashore Facebook group is discussing this.  They have 3200 onboard and are hearing announcements and seeing protocols more strictly enforced.  We were on last week with 1817 pax and that's apparently when the ship came off of green.  There were no announcements or any tightening of protocols.  There was no clue or knowledge of cases until I got home and saw the color change.

• Thanks 1

I expect most ships will have positive cases soon with the increased passengers during the holidays. How the ships handle them and the severity of the cases is more important than the number of cases. Cruise ships are still safer than going to the grocery store or Walmart.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

I expect most ships will have positive cases soon with the increased passengers during the holidays. How the ships handle them and the severity of the cases is more important than the number of cases. Cruise ships are still safer than going to the grocery store or Walmart.

I agree, I felt completely safe on Divina in November.
 It’s the cdc’s response to all of these ships being in Yellow that I’m dreading. 

32 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Not MSC I know but....

Royal Caribbean have just stopped all new bookings for cruises between now and January 15th.

OK if you are already booked but obviously wanting to keep passenger numbers down now to try and limit any bad press.

Interesting. Thank you for that info I hadn’t seen it. 

Most of the other mass market lines in the US have been sailing with much higher passenger counts than MSC 

I believe, and correct me if I’m wrong, that Seashore having 3200 on board this week is the highest passenger count on MSC’s US sailings to date. 

If it’s already in yellow I hope this week’s high #’s won’t make it worse. 

10 minutes ago, styles27 said:

And now Divina is Yellow…changed just since I posted this morning from orange. 

5DF2C8A6-AB90-42DB-A267-A369A42EE294.thumb.png.bb3a0b1a19a0c8d9a4879654079c827a.png

I just wish there were sailings out of FL past the first of Nov. I have until Feb. 26th before we cruise so hope all of this clears up but with the way some people in gov. like to lock down I very seriously doubt it.  Looking like it will never end!

• Like 2

I was on Divina over the weekend (Thursday - Sunday). Protocols seemed to be pretty solid. Blue Lagoon Island was almost a ghost town. They were keeping the different ship excursions on separate parts of the island. Divina was way in the back, and the huge beach next to us was unused while we were there. DW and I are both Moderna Full+Boost, so I'm not particularly concerned for our health, but I'm following this carefully, and watching for any notices from MSC in our email, just because this could get administratively messy.

• Like 2

Correct, the guests were left letters in their cabins.  Apparently the CD might have been impacted, too, as he was not seen for the last few days.  My friends onboard were packing up and anxious to disembark this morning when the tragedy happened with the man falling from  Deck 16 to Deck 8.  

2 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Correct, the guests were left letters in their cabins.  Apparently the CD might have been impacted, too, as he was not seen for the last few days.  My friends onboard were packing up and anxious to disembark this morning when the tragedy happened with the man falling from  Deck 16 to Deck 8.  

I can’t even imagine what his family is going through and to be on that cruise with something so tragic happening is just unimaginable. 

I’m sick to my stomach thinking about it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, styles27 said:

I can’t even imagine what his family is going through and to be on that cruise with something so tragic happening is just unimaginable. 

I’m sick to my stomach thinking about it. 

Yes, very sad. According to someone on the ship he was a 17 year old kid.  

Interesting read popped up on my Google page about MSC sending 30 Covid positive  crew members from Seashore to a Miami hotel for 14 days instead of keeping them on the ship. 
https://crew-center.com/30-msc-seashore-crew-members-sent-hotel-quarantine-miami

It was originally reported that there were only 28 positive crew/passengers aboard last week but clearly that number increased by the last day of that sailing. 

Merry Christmas everyone!❤️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Postcards said:

I am feeling better in regards to put off our Feb 6 sailing. 

I completely understand.
We are seriously considering cancelling our Jan 8th Seashore cruise after everything that’s transpired the last week.

Two weeks ago I wasn’t concerned at all but boy have things changed in that short amount of time. 

1 hour ago, Tee & Chilli said:

If someone cancels but doesn’t have a future cruise to switch to, can a future credit be given?  How long is it good for?

I’ll let you know for sure after I call tomorrow but this is from the US site 

D1AFA4A5-B556-49FE-9B81-8BB9ED8E6B7F.thumb.png.03f96fdf593d6b8c32aba55dfcc95d29.png

It would seem that you need to have an alternate cruise picked out before you call and they’ll apply the funds to that sailing. 

6 hours ago, styles27 said:

I’ll let you know for sure after I call tomorrow but this is from the US site 

D1AFA4A5-B556-49FE-9B81-8BB9ED8E6B7F.thumb.png.03f96fdf593d6b8c32aba55dfcc95d29.png

It would seem that you need to have an alternate cruise picked out before you call and they’ll apply the funds to that sailing. 

Let me know how they handle your obc.  I have obc from the 5%+15% and looking to book another 5% + 15% but the new cruise is more.  Wondering if I will still get the 5+15?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Let me know how they handle your obc.  I have obc from the 5%+15% and looking to book another 5% + 15% but the new cruise is more.  Wondering if I will still get the 5+15?

We’ve decided to switch to a sailing in November so I’m fairly certain I’ll lose the OBC from the VC promotion since they’re not offering it at this time for the particular sailing we’ve picked. 
But, I will keep an eye on that and call to adjust the price it if it becomes available before November. 
I’ll report back how it all goes. I’m hoping to get a good phone rep. 🤞

Thanks for this thread, I didn't even know that table existed. It is sketchy times for sure, I definitely wouldn't risk the travel to get there and the trip if I wasn't well into my 3rd booster taking effect.  I am still holding on for now, but was wondering if I could just move my funds to another booking that just has a deposit currently.  Not sure how these cruise ships maintain much financial viability with the low loads and people bailing (I am sure in high volume right now) at just 48-hours.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

Thanks for this thread, I didn't even know that table existed. It is sketchy times for sure, I definitely wouldn't risk the travel to get there and the trip if I wasn't well into my 3rd booster taking effect.  I am still holding on for now, but was wondering if I could just move my funds to another booking that just has a deposit currently.  Not sure how these cruise ships maintain much financial viability with the low loads and people bailing (I am sure in high volume right now) at just 48-hours.

You’re welcome. The chart has drastically changed in the last week to mostly yellow. Hopefully it doesn’t go to red. 
We’re really not worried about getting sick (we’re both boosted since October) our main concern is if our sailing has an outbreak and pushes Seashore to the “red” status then we could have an issue getting home. 
With all of the Christmas gatherings and travel I think the next couple of weeks could be bad. ☹️

I’ll ask the phone rep your question and report back here. 

• Like 2