Have any Carnival cruises been to Grand Turk yet ?

wardwhitty

On 12/29/2021 at 9:27 AM, Green4me said:

We are on the 1/02 MG sailing too.   Hoping GT is still in play.  We sailed the Magic October 17th and GT was replaced by HMC which we really enjoyed.      At the time GT was not letting any ships in.

Margaritaville is part of the Carnival enclave so expect it would be open.  We like to walk the 300 yards down the beach and go to Jack's Shack.

Have a safe and Happy New Year all.

Cheers

We were there 12/28 and the walk down the beach to Jack's Shack was totally worth it. Nowhere near as crowded with food, drinks and restrooms right there. Food may be pricy but oceanfront dining is always expensive. Loved the conch fritters even if they were a little spicy with the sauce. 

I couldn't remember the prices for chairs/umbrellas from the different ports when I research so, I was a little put off when I was quoted $25. After a few minutes initial hesitation I decided to pay up. We got our chairs and umbrella and paid the $25, he said he'd get my change(?), came back with $15, seems they only charge $10 for umbrellas and guests did indeed get free chairs. That got him a $5 tip. Give me a beer, chair/umbrella, feed me and I'll love you forever.

Awesome, we sail tomorrow .  I was wrong on the day, we are there on the 6th Thursday Epiphany Day, fingers crossed.. I got a big box of large milk bones and a few dog toys to give to Janet for Topher and his /her buddy. 

Cheers,,

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome cruise, we enjoyed every stop.  Best was Grand Turk.  The first time the Mardi Gras has docked there.  My only wish was we stayed a few hours longer, had to be OB by 3:30.

Made it to Jacks Shack.  Great day

Best