Grand Caymen Question.

judyf

Port board is slow and I thought someone here might be able to help me.

I want to see "Hell", maybe turtle farm and then go to a beach that has bathrooms, drinks available, some shade, maybe an area to snorkel and not too crowded. Yeah I guess I'm asking for what everyone wants.

How can I do this without a ship tour and without renting a car? I read about buses, can we just take a bus to each location? If so how can we do this?

What beach should we go to?

Also my mother isn't able to walk to far so this is an issue. She can walk a block or so but not any more especially in the heat.

Thanks for any help you can send my way!!!!

Judy
RCCL Voyager 5/21-5/30/04
CCL Inspiration 4/4-4/11/04
NCL Sea 4/14-4/27/03
DCL Wonder 5/16-5/19/02
DCL Wonder 5/3-5/8/01
CCL Fantasy 2/15-2/18/01

Right off the area you will tender to are tons of cabs (like mini-vans) that have signs on the designating the different places they will go and some you can just tell them where to go. In Grand Cayman they charge by person for the rides, unlike Cozumel, where it is by car load. You will have no problem finding transportation.

Paradise 3/04

That is tough without a ship tour. Most tour companies lean towards water activities.

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000
Victory 2000 Sensation 2001
Norway 2002 Legend 2002
NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003
Victory 2004 Holiday 2004

We took a cab to Hell and back(always wanted the chance to say that [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]). The cab also took us to the turtle farm(somewhat like Mecca for a turtle keeper such as me) and then to swim with the stingrays. The driver just hung out and waited for us and it was less expensive that the ship's excursion. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

JV The 4 stages of cruising: planning, anticipation, experience and reflection.

all the cabs in grand cayman told us there was a min of 4 people. So we took the bus, which took a little longer but cost a LOT less, and didn't have any stupid min number of people.
We took a cab to hell, because some other people said they'd like to go to then changed their minds after they got in the cab *rolls eyes* rude people. But, we ended up taking buses from there to the public beach and then from the beach back to the ship.
Just a warning tho... the bus and cab drivers dive like crazy people! My friend was like "And I thought seasickness was bad!"
~Katy

Archived