Cancellation--Word of Caution

Through all of the covid period, I have applied the Lift & Shift through several cruises, with the intention of actually sailing on 1/8/22 on Enchantment. Given the status of things, I am considering changing yet again to a like itinerary on 4/2/22. To my disappointment, my FCC would only cover ~66% of the cost of the new cruise. 

If you plan to cancel for Covid, and your cruise is soon, be sure to put cost into the equation. No fault to RCI, cruises cost more these days, and I'm not looking for a free ride, but I don't like shelling out more $$ because I want to play it safe.

• Like 2

We did a Lift & Shift from Seranade in Nov 2020 to Symphony in November 2021. We then canceled that cruise about 2 weeks prior to sailing due to the changes in Covid protocols and itinerary and received a full refund. That may be your best option (if available). That way you are not locked into a specific cruise line, timeframe or even a cruise. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John Prine Fan said:

Through all of the covid period, I have applied the Lift & Shift through several cruises, with the intention of actually sailing on 1/8/22 on Enchantment. Given the status of things, I am considering changing yet again to a like itinerary on 4/2/22. To my disappointment, my FCC would only cover ~66% of the cost of the new cruise. 

If you plan to cancel for Covid, and your cruise is soon, be sure to put cost into the equation. No fault to RCI, cruises cost more these days, and I'm not looking for a free ride, but I don't like shelling out more $$ because I want to play it safe.

We did a L&S from our October 2021 Anthem TA to the 2022 one. The 2021 was cancelled by Royal.  We were price protected.  Not sure how often they do that.

2 hours ago, John Prine Fan said:

Wouldn't you generally expect a cruise departing 4/2 (any year) to cost more than a cruise on 1/8 (of the same year)?   Am I missing something? 

Can you move the FCC to a cruise in October or November of 22?  You may find a lower price than spring break time. 

1 minute ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Wouldn't you generally expect a cruise departing 4/2 (any year) to cost more than a cruise on 1/8 (of the same year)?   Am I missing something? 

Can you move the FCC to a cruise in October or November of 22?  You may find a lower price than spring break time. 

Yes, I was just trying to share my experience for those that might think that you can just go from one cruise to another, 1:1.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We were just on Freedom and it was amazing, no issues at all.  Going again on Freedom Jan 7th, Feb 4th and March 4, then B2B on Explorer in April.  Hopefully by our April cruise things will have settled down again, but we honestly have not ever been worried and have been traveling between Cancun and Punta Cana since August 2021 with no problems at all.  Have taken 4 cruises since August 2022 with 12 booked for 2022.  So happy to be cruising again.

• Like 1