Pre COVID Testing for Carnival at Long Beach Airport

MT_Sea_Cruisers

Has  anyone (cruising on Carnival), utilized the COVID Test site available at the Long Beach Airport?

I see they have rapid testing available for $20, with results available within 2 hours, however, it appears to be geared for travelers going to Hawaii and I am wondering if the same test is acceptable for cruising passengers.

https://www.longbeach.gov/globalassets/lgb/news/2021/faqs-for-covid-19-testing-at-lgb

I called and the front desk person from the health clinic stated you need to choose "just want to know" and that is where the rapid antigen test will come up as an option to make an appointment.  They also said it would be free if you provide an insurance card.  You need to create profiles for everyone going and then set the appointments.  Hope that helps.  We aren't going until March but they said the appointments fill up so I've already made them for about 1.5 hours after we land.

Edited by Colorado Cruzer
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, modes said:

I was on the Dec. 4 sailing and they had a line for testing on the side.

Was this at the port or the airport?  I'm curious how long it takes to get to the Long Beach Airport testing site once you get your bag.  I heard it's in the parking lot somewhere and they ahve drive up testing so probably not that close.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MT_Sea_Cruisers said:

Has  anyone (cruising on Carnival), utilized the COVID Test site available at the Long Beach Airport?

I see they have rapid testing available for $20, with results available within 2 hours, however, it appears to be geared for travelers going to Hawaii and I am wondering if the same test is acceptable for cruising passengers.

https://www.longbeach.gov/globalassets/lgb/news/2021/faqs-for-covid-19-testing-at-lgb

I used it for my 12/11 cruise- tested on 12/10. They have a section for Hawaii testing and a section for travel. Super easy and you just tell them you are traveling internationally.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Colorado Cruzer said:

Was this at the port or the airport?  I'm curious how long it takes to get to the Long Beach Airport testing site once you get your bag.  I heard it's in the parking lot somewhere and they ahve drive up testing so probably not that close.  

The Long Beach airport is TINY and the testing is in a parking lot. Easily a 5 minute walk from the terminal. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MT_Sea_Cruisers said:

I have used that location to get our test done for going back into Canada and we didn't fly out of that airport.  It worked really well the customer service was amazing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Cruzer said:

At the port.