Covid Impacts On Glory 12/26 Cruise

jas1178

51 minutes ago, jas1178 said:

for the person sailing Mardi Gras, spoke with Marcus and things over there aren’t as bad as here.  Lots of redundancy on that ship too.  Go and have fun.

Thank you!  I guess we are going to play it one day at a time ... I am thankful we are only 25 mins or less from the cruise terminal so we have time to make a decision! 

My son and I did a complete walkthrough of the ship today. It looks like the forward section of Riviera is being used for quarantining. It is blocked off with the big doors closed. We also saw what looked like housekeeping staff delivering meals to that area. They were wearing some kind of protective suit.

We still have not noticed much impact from Covid, other than the normal restrictions, and plenty of people are out having fun. Lido is packed today!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise, J.D. said:

My son and I did a complete walkthrough of the ship today. It looks like the forward section of Riviera is being used for quarantining. It is blocked off with the big doors closed. We also saw what looked like housekeeping staff delivering meals to that area. They were wearing some kind of protective suit.

We still have not noticed much impact from Covid, other than the normal restrictions, and plenty of people are out having fun. Lido is packed today!

You are correct the front corner of deck 1 is isolation.  There are also guest cabin under isolation that are outside of that area.

Last night we saw the first playlist performance of the cruise.  It was in “concert mode” which basically means they all sit on stools in front of the curtain and perform the songs of the show without any other aspects of the show (costume, video, effects, props, band, etc).  Concert mode is usually reserved for extremely rough seas, but was done in this case as we are still missing a significant portion of the team.

Passengers on isolation/ quarantine are being kept in their cabin as opposed to being moved down to a centralized place.  In the last 24 hours, just in our hall we went from one room on isolation to 9 just in our section.  They place stools outside the door for the food deliveries and then have a team member in full PPE pickup their dishes.

• Thanks 2

On 12/30/2021 at 12:18 AM, jas1178 said:

Todays update - no more than 3 in an elevator and cancellation of a bunch of Trivia.

I can deal with a cancelled playlist show.

I can deal with a piano bar with no pianist.

But no trivia??? I hope that contagion doesn't spread to the Dream's Jan 2 sailing!

5 minutes ago, YangtzeCruiser said:

I can deal with a cancelled playlist show.

I can deal with a piano bar with no pianist.

But no trivia??? I hope that contagion doesn't spread to the Dream's Jan 2 sailing!

I totally agree with you!  Trivia is my favorite onboard activity!

23 minutes ago, jas1178 said:

I think we all have things we say it’s no big deal if they cancel, but remember for others it is the highlight of their cruise.

For sure.   And - a lot of no-big-deal individual cancelations can become a big deal in an overall diminished experience. 

• Like 1

Final update:  Last evening they put the rock band and 6 of the 8 playlist performers on stage and did another concert style presentation.

The team on board tried.  Some efforts were bigger successes than others.  This won't go down as one of my favorite cruises, but it certainly wasn't the worst.  Hoping we can get back to more normal cruising soon.

Also:  New Years Eve on a ship ROCKS!

10 hours ago, jas1178 said:

Final update:  Last evening they put the rock band and 6 of the 8 playlist performers on stage and did another concert style presentation.

The team on board tried.  Some efforts were bigger successes than others.  This won't go down as one of my favorite cruises, but it certainly wasn't the worst.  Hoping we can get back to more normal cruising soon.

Also:  New Years Eve on a ship ROCKS!

Yes, this was our first NYE cruise and it was a great way to do it. The NYE parties on the ship were awesome. We hung out at the lobby bar until 11:30 and then went to Lido.

On the last night of the cruise we were walking back to our cabin and in the hallway there were several officers, a security member, and an employee in a hazmat type suit spraying the hallway down with something. That was interesting lol. I figured it had something to do with a nearby guest who was positive. There were two cabins in our hallway with outside chairs.