Viking Star Crew Pool?

frickwg

I just got back from a superb Viking cruise in the Caribbean. The cruise was excellent and the health protection standards for COVID 19 were superb.  Viking’s COVID 19 practices are the gold standard for cruise lines.

Interestingly, I had a chance to spend a few minutes looking at the very nice model of the Viking Star on deck 2, near the cruise consultant’s desk.  On that model on deck 9 aft was what appeared to be a small pool and “recreation area.”  Passengers cannot access deck 9 aft and it is not shown on the deck plans.

Builder’s models are not always 100% accurate in the details of the final product and things may have changed since ship was planned/built.  I was unable to find a picture from a high angle of the stern of the ship to see that deck. Lots of deck plans, lots of three-quarter view pictures from sea level or slightly above, but nothing that would show me whether what was shown on the model actually exists.

How curious.  

Any guesses, Facts?

Affirmative, Deck 9 aft is the crew's outdoor recreation area. The crew mentioned they have a small pool and a covered area where they hold their crew dances.

This area has no access from passenger areas, only the crew stairways.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mich3554 said:

Yep.  We noticed this one day and when we had dinner with the cruise consultant and she told us about it.

Hoping Charaine was as generous with the discounts when you booked on board as she was with us.😁

We were on Viking Venus in August and walking around at night on top decks we kept hearing what sounded like a band playing. Turns out the crew was having a party and they had their own band playing on that deck. Sounded like fun!