Meraviglia aft outside stairs?

kruz

5 hours ago, Chrisp5 said:

The aft stairs are crew only on Meraviglia.  The stairs are interior unlike on divina where they are open to the outside. I just got off of an aft balcony cruise and it is a hike to the midship elevator / stairs.

Oh how sad...... I book aft for those stairs 😞 

5 hours ago, Chrisp5 said:

The aft stairs are crew only on Meraviglia.  The stairs are interior unlike on divina where they are open to the outside. I just got off of an aft balcony cruise and it is a hike to the midship elevator / stairs.

So the interior stairs and elevators shown on the schematic  7 cabins down are also only for crew use?

3 hours ago, kruz said:

So the interior stairs and elevators shown on the schematic  7 cabins down are also only for crew use?

Those aft stairs on Divina were great for getting up to the buffet quickly for a snack or drink and no one knows about them.  They also provide a spectacular view if you can’t see something from your balcony.  

The stairs and elevators you reference are crew only.  The closest passenger elevators are located by 10169 if you look at a deck 10 plan.  

one other tip - if you are staying near the very back there is a kind of hidden hallway that is a straight shot from the elevators to the aft balconies.  It runs from room 10258 to 10394.  It’s much easier than winding around the balcony cabins.  It’s somewhat hidden behind a door by the elevators.  

7 hours ago, Chrisp5 said:

Those aft stairs on Divina were great for getting up to the buffet quickly for a snack or drink and no one knows about them.  They also provide a spectacular view if you can’t see something from your balcony.  

The stairs and elevators you reference are crew only.  The closest passenger elevators are located by 10169 if you look at a deck 10 plan.  

one other tip - if you are staying near the very back there is a kind of hidden hallway that is a straight shot from the elevators to the aft balconies.  It runs from room 10258 to 10394.  It’s much easier than winding around the balcony cabins.  It’s somewhat hidden behind a door by the elevators.  

Great tip, thank you!! I will keep my aft balcony for this sailing but will change another interior aft cabin I had booked to be closer to mid ship. I like to be outside as fast as I can when I book interior. cabins!