Anyone been on a back to back recently? Do you have to get off the ship to test again?

montecarloss

Will I be required to take a COVID-19 test in order to embark on the second leg of a back-to-back sailing?

Yes, guests will be required to take a COVID-19 antigen test and show a negative result before continuing on the second leg of a back to back sailing. The antigen test will be conducted onboard during the end of the first cruise and will be paid for by the Cruise Line.

https://www.ncl.com/faq#!#will-i-be-required-take-covid-19-test-order-embark-second-leg-back-back-sailing

That being said, it doesn't answer the OP's question.

I too am interested in finding out the answer of the logistics involved.

Been on two back to backs so far this year.  You test the day before the end of your first cruise.  If you pass, you get to stay on the ship for the next week.  If you choose to get off on the final day, they will give you a red wristband so port personnel know you have passed.

We were not required to exit the ship on either the Encore or the Bliss.

Edited by Old & Retired
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Old & Retired said:

Been on two back to backs so far this year.  You test the day before the end of your first cruise.  If you pass, you get to stay on the ship for the next week.  If you choose to get off on the final day, they will give you a red wristband so port personnel know you have passed.

Same basic procedure on the Joy Nov 27.

Stay Safe and Happy New Year!

12 hours ago, Old & Retired said:

Another question.  Do we have to do the online checkin for the second leg?  How about the section for scheduling a time for the COVID test, which isn't needed?  Thanks!

4 hours ago, julie3fan said:

Another question.  Do we have to do the online checkin for the second leg?  How about the section for scheduling a time for the COVID test, which isn't needed?  Thanks!

No.  If you are on a B2B or more, you don't need to anything for your second, third leg etc.

• Thanks 1

I’m not sure if you have booked your b2b as 1 reservation or as 2 different reservations.

based on their 2nd question it sounds like 2 reservations.

I booked my b2b as 1 reservation.

Even before (2020) voyage, we were required to get off the ship for customs and immigration back in to the US.

If your voyage does stop in North America then of course US customs and immigration rules will not apply.

Edited by WYB!

2 hours ago, WYB! said:

I’m not sure if you have booked your b2b as 1 reservation or as 2 different reservations.

based on their 2nd question it sounds like 2 reservations.

It is 2 different reservations with 2 different booking #s.  I think I'll do nothing at this point, and if they send a reminder before the first leg, I'll give them a call. 

My TA (not big box but still a large, impersonal company) gives me good prices and rebates, but otherwise aren't terrible helpful, otherwise I'd just call them. 

When I check in at the pier I'll be sure to mention my 2nd leg.

3 hours ago, Old & Retired said:

No.  If you are on a B2B or more, you don't need to anything for your second, third leg etc.

Thanks for the help...it's nice hearing from someone with first hand experience!