Bella class no long has room assignment option

ashank1m

Missed my cruise in 2021, rebooked for April 2022. I've done Yacht Club, Aurea, Fantasia but wasn't really using much of the benefits plus out of party of 8 only 2 of us drinks so decided to go Bella to save $. The latest fare was so much cheaper so rebooked and save $400 per stateroom but my old reservation had rooms assigned on 9080 & 9082 but now the new reservation is a guarantee Balcony cabin, the new ship layout also has these rooms assigned to Aurea.  When I called the agent she told me Bella class no longer has option of choosing a room during the reservation.  Agent told me to call back in March to see if I can get a room assigned, online checkin states that the room will be assigned 4 days before cruise start. Wonder when it changed? 

We were on the Meraviglia last week. We booked two Bella side-by-side cabins months in advance. In Nov. we found that our room assignments were cancelled and we were placed on the guarantee list. Even though I called and tried to get a room assignment to keep our cabins together it was refused. We finally got the rooms assigned 3 days before cruising. We were placed on deck 14 (not my favorite deck to be on) with 2 cabins between us. Not ideal but at least not on opposite ends of the ship. Despite that we did fine and loved the ship and staff.