A Canadian takes on a S2B2B on Oasis 1/2/22, Odyssey 1/9/22 & 1/15/22 (hopefully)

On 1/21/2022 at 2:51 PM, JessyCruises said:

Thank you for sharing!

Reimbursement negotiations for our covid quarantine not going really smoothly or swiftly so far. Quibbling over the meaning of airfare changes. Asking me to send them the document of guidelines for reimbursement.

Saying Hotel allowance is $150 per cabin. ???

Still got a ways to go to get their attention. Anyway glad you all got back and have positive things going on. We are going on Oasis February 27th. Hope your reimbursement sails right through as you submitted it.

20220111_122531_HDR.jpg

6 hours ago, fonz623 said:

Reimbursement negotiations for our covid quarantine not going really smoothly or swiftly so far. Quibbling over the meaning of airfare changes. Asking me to send them the document of guidelines for reimbursement.

Saying Hotel allowance is $150 per cabin. ???

Still got a ways to go to get their attention. Anyway glad you all got back and have positive things going on. We are going on Oasis February 27th. Hope your reimbursement sails right through as you submitted it.

Ugh that is what I was afraid if.  they will probably throw up on our airfare too.

The hotel comment makes no sense to me - the letter we got clearly states $350 a night!! Hopefully it all gets resolved for you.  

Have a wonderful cruise!

8 hours ago, JessyCruises said:

Ugh that is what I was afraid if.  they will probably throw up on our airfare too.

The hotel comment makes no sense to me - the letter we got clearly states $350 a night!! Hopefully it all gets resolved for you.  

Have a wonderful cruise!

Sent them the reimbursement claims back on the 21st. Separated one for me one for wife. It was all there. Said they didn't get the hotel receipts. Wrong. Can't they open a PDF receipt file? Opens on my end. Send them copy of letter we got from Odyssey highlighting the parts they should already know.

Will let you know if and when they ever get it right.

20220202_115452~2.jpg

On 2/4/2022 at 3:32 PM, fonz623 said:

Sent them the reimbursement claims back on the 21st. Separated one for me one for wife. It was all there. Said they didn't get the hotel receipts. Wrong. Can't they open a PDF receipt file? Opens on my end. Send them copy of letter we got from Odyssey highlighting the parts they should already know.

Will let you know if and when they ever get it right.

@fonz623 How did you make out?  I have been going in circles trying to get someone to work my file.  They keep saying they are adding up my receipts and I will get a call back later in the day or the next day but no one ever calls me back.  This is now the 4th or 5th time I have been told that since we got home.  Last time was yesterday and I was "guaranteed" that the person who was working on my file (Edlin) would be calling me back before end of day yesterday.  I asked if there was another number I could call if she does not because based on prior experience I was not confident I would get a call back.  I was told no.  I am currently on hold again now trying to speak with Edlin.

BTW, the number they are providing 800-256-6649 does not get you to Post Cruise.  If you hit Extension 6 which should be the right extension, it gets you to reservations or elsewhere.  I have yet to call and get Post Cruise by dialing extension 6.  I have notified them of the apparent routing issue but they do not seem interested in resolving their IT issues.  Shocking... 🤣

• Like 1

Still on the phone with them after 2.5 hours.  I got put on hold until the person working my file was able to take my call.  I was told she was starting at 10EST.  I was then told her computer was not working and I was put on hold again.  Then after 1hr 39 minutes I was told she is back up and transferred.  She did not answer until 45 minutes has passed.  Then she came on and started telling me the same thing about $150 max a day for hotel and that I would only be reimbursed for 5 days.   I explained I have a letter that says $350 and that I was told because we were international, it would be covered until we were allowed back into the country, which in this case turned out to be 9 nights in a hotel.  She had me email her a pic of the letter and now I am an hold again while she talks to "management". 

The left and right hands of RCL really need to start talking to each other.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

This is ridiculous. Please keep us posted.

Jessy great minds think alike. I saw your above post about your Anthem cruise in March.

Just like Odyssey we will be boarding the 13th as you leave. Too funny!!

Well dang lol.  We are in Oasis June 10-July 1 hopefully lol

So after 3 hours and 21 minutes I finally finished.  They agreed to reimburse all of the charges except for $11 I spent in medicine at the pharmacy and the uber ride to the airport.  They are saying I should get the $$ credited to my credit card within 7-10 days.  I am glad they are doing it right to my credit card instead of sending me a cheque.  Any bets if I will see the credit in 7-10 days?

I have still not gotten the refunds for the two 1/15/22 bookings that got cancelled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/10/2022 at 3:57 PM, JessyCruises said:

So after 3 hours and 21 minutes I finally finished.  They agreed to reimburse all of the charges except for $11 I spent in medicine at the pharmacy and the uber ride to the airport.  They are saying I should get the $$ credited to my credit card within 7-10 days.  I am glad they are doing it right to my credit card instead of sending me a cheque.  Any bets if I will see the credit in 7-10 days?

I have still not gotten the refunds for the two 1/15/22 bookings that got cancelled.

On 2/10/2022 at 3:57 PM, JessyCruises said:

Finally today heard that our hotel bill for the quarantine 4 nights in Fort Lauderdale reimbursement is going to happen. Remember we were on the same January 9 Odyssey cruise as you and also had to walk the plank at the end of the cruise. So we are now promised the hotel and airfare changes and meals reimbursement. Also are promised refund on the 16 January Allure cruise we had intended to board but were denied. All sounds good but so far not a red Cent has landed in our credit cards on file.  Our reimbursement submit began on 21 January.

Not one to hang on the phone with customer service for 2 or 3 hours. Have done this all with detail letters and attachments to royalguestrelations@rccl.com.  

Like you we had to send them the instruction document we were given on Odyssey.

We have actually received fcc certificates for 6 nights cruise fare based on the Odyssey sailing.

And we know our ordeal was not nearly as difficult as yours has been. Best wishes.

• Like 1

Update I now notice some expenses reimbursements trickling in to my Visa account, RC has on file. That's great news. No itemized email as to what these credits are but I can tell from the numbers that some of it is refund of cancel Cruise and some of it is reimbursement for quarantine expenses. So far less than half the total expected but at least we are getting there. Yay for that.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, fonz623 said:

Update I now notice some expenses reimbursements trickling in to my Visa account, RC has on file. That's great news. No itemized email as to what these credits are but I can tell from the numbers that some of it is refund of cancel Cruise and some of it is reimbursement for quarantine expenses. So far less than half the total expected but at least we are getting there. Yay for that.

That is great that you are starting to see it.  They owe us about $5800 USD including the expenses from Florida and then the refund for the cancel of the 1/15/22 cruise.  They told me last week that we should see the Florida expenses refunded within 7-10 days and yesterday was a week.  I will start calling again mid next week if we done start seeing any credits

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, fonz623 said:

Meanwhile not breathing or hugging anybody for the next week until rapid antigen test required for our 27 February Oasis cruise.😄

Awesome!  We are sailing on 3/6 on Anthem with the boys and my sister as their make up cruise.  Can’t wait!!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, fonz623 said:

Finally today heard that our hotel bill for the quarantine 4 nights in Fort Lauderdale reimbursement is going to happen. Remember we were on the same January 9 Odyssey cruise as you and also had to walk the plank at the end of the cruise. So we are now promised the hotel and airfare changes and meals reimbursement. Also are promised refund on the 16 January Allure cruise we had intended to board but were denied. All sounds good but so far not a red Cent has landed in our credit cards on file.  Our reimbursement submit began on 21 January.

Not one to hang on the phone with customer service for 2 or 3 hours. Have done this all with detail letters and attachments to royalguestrelations@rccl.com.  

Like you we had to send them the instruction document we were given on Odyssey.

We have actually received fcc certificates for 6 nights cruise fare based on the Odyssey sailing.

And we know our ordeal was not nearly as difficult as yours has been. Best wishes.

Just curious,  the fcc for the cruise fare? Does it have an expiration? My friend had to go into isolation on an Oasis sailing for a day (she didn't have covid), and they said they're give her credit for the missed day. 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 9:10 PM, fonz623 said:

Did yall get today's memo?

Yeehaw Memo from Royal masks not required🤗❤☺😃😊😜😜 beginning sailings 25Feb 2022.

Repeat Yeehaw Memo from Royal masks not required🤗

Yay!  We board a week from sunday 🙂

Any news on the rest of your refunds?  We have not received anything yet for with the cancelled 1/15 cruise or the quarantine expenses.

• Like 1