Cruise Departure during Mardi Gras 2022

kathyRW

I need local advice regarding transportation on February 27th 2022 from our hotel in Metairie to the cruise port. When I booked the cruise I did not think about Mardi Gras and only realized that the city will be crowded and services may be different then.

There are three parades that day starting at 11AM. What will be the best way to get to the cruise port around 11AM to Noon? I looked at a private car and (holy cow!) it was over $100 per person (there are two of us with luggage).

Advice?

I should have mentioned that the cab or whatever transportation method you choose will use a route that takes you over the parade route and directly to Convention Center Blvd. where the terminals are located.

On 12/30/2021 at 7:03 AM, jgmpuma said:

The parades start uptown, and don't get downtown ( where the cruise terminal is located) until around 1:00. You should not have a problem. Cab/Uber/Lyft drivers know how to avoid the traffic.

Thanks so much for the advice.  With so many folks depending on Uber/Lyft during the Mardi Gras I hope that I can get a ride. I guess worst case scenario would be to go back to the airport and hope to catch a taxi from there?

The day parades on 2/27 are not huge parades. Bacchus, the night parade, is, but you will miss that.

Try Uber/Lyft. There will be a price surge, so drivers will be working. Or ask someone at the hotel to call a cab for you. As I said, the drivers know how to avoid the traffic. The earlier in the day the better.