CDC Tracking Grid for Cruise Ships

tgloersen

21 minutes ago, tgloersen said:

For those interested the link below goes to the CDC investigation site and gives a status on qaurentine for cruise ships.  Pretty interesting.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

So if I'm reading this correctly, "Yellow status" means >0.1% of pax or one crew member is COVID positive.  On a ship with 3000 passengers, that's 3 pax or one crew.  The vast majority of ships with passengers are in this status, including all NCL.

Obviously, the percentage could be (and I expect WOULD be) greater than that but it doesn't provide specifics of how much greater.  The devil is in those details.

• Like 2

question on the flags and masks requirements....

CDC has issued an Order that requires face masks to be worn by all travelers while on public transportation including all passengers on board and all personnel operating maritime conveyances traveling into, within, or out of the United States. Masks are also required while indoors at U.S. transportation hubs, including seaports and ferry terminals. 

Does this include Puerto Rico?   Being a US territory, I'd think yes.....but they are also playing their own rules with requiring rapids tests to fly back to the US (vs your standard "state to state" flights).   Thoughts?