Internet package on the Breeze

Lindsay0405

Internet packages work in the room.  I just put the internet on my phone and used it as a hot spot and the whole family was able to utilize the connection.  Obviously its faster before 9am.  I sent all the kids into the libary with my phone before 9am and they were able to all download games to each device.  I don't know if the libary provides a faster connection or not but I noticed some people working on their laptops in there the day before. 

BTW this was on last weeks Glory sailing out of NOLA. 

11 hours ago, PSU2LSU said:

I just put the internet on my phone and used it as a hot spot and the whole family was able to utilize the connection.

I didn't know about the hot spot trick. The internet always made me log off of it on one device before letting me use it on another.

To the original poster: Yes, you can use the internet package in your cabin. I was on the Breeze a few weeks ago and I found my internet reception to be better on my phone than on my laptop though. I was on deck 6.

I was on the Breeze the week of December 11 on deck 12 (Spa deck) with the fastest internet package.  I did not have any trouble using the internet in the cabin and it was faster than most hotel internet that I have stayed in.  Had a connection on each of the 5 days of the cruise.

2 hours ago, HarborHermit said:

I didn't know about the hot spot trick. The internet always made me log off of it on one device before letting me use it on another.

The internet is only connected to my phone then I use the hotspot to transmit it to other devices.  I do it all the time for my son because his phone is a tracfone with limited data.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 10:51 PM, PSU2LSU said:

The internet is only connected to my phone then I use the hotspot to transmit it to other devices.

Hmmmm: If you are using your phone to generate a HotSpot while you are bobbing out in the great blue ocean - then you are using the Ship Cell service - and that is typically VERY expensive for data isn't it...It is not the same as using Cell Service on land for internet. 

I have used Ship Cell Service on many cruises (via AT&T) and the "Free" Cell based internet is very limited - after which one pays very high per MBit fees.

I remember once I forgot to turn off my WiFi internet one night and got hit with an $80 bill for one night as my oh-so smart phone updated itself and Apps.