Antigen test - Quick question (what constitutes 2 days?)

cruzin4us

I'm going to assist my parents with their at home test tomorrow (Dec 31).   Their cruise is Jan 2nd.   Can they do their test anytime 2 days prior, or does it mean 24 hours or less?   In other words, their cruise departs @ 2:00 on Jan 2nd but can they take the test @ 10:00 a.m. on Dec 31st?     I've searched high and low on the HAL website, and all I can find is 2 days.

1 minute ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Yes it doesn’t need to be 48 hours or less, just two days.  In November I had my test on Friday at approximately 9:30 am.  I boarded the koningsdam on Sunday at approximately 1:30 pm. No issue whatsoever.

Thank you.....I thought that was the case but things change daily.   

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

I'm going to assist my parents with their at home test tomorrow (Dec 31).   Their cruise is Jan 2nd.   Can they do their test anytime 2 days prior, or does it mean 24 hours or less?   In other words, their cruise departs @ 2:00 on Jan 2nd but can they take the test @ 10:00 a.m. on Dec 31st?     I've searched high and low on the HAL website, and all I can find is 2 days.

We have done ours a few times using a laptop without any problem. I have read that using a phone is not as trouble free.

Hello, cruzin4us,

We had a boarding time of 1 PM on December 1 (Wednesday) on the Rotterdam in Fort Lauderdale. We took our tests through QUEST DIAGNOSTICS in Boynton Beach FL at a Walmart. We took the tests at 9:45 AM on Monday Nov. 29. However, QUEST FAILED miserably in providing our results. HAL was able test us on boarding day in the terminal. From baggage drop to enter cvabin, including the tests, the total elapsed time was under 40 minutes. DO NOT USE QUEST is my recommendation.

Jim