Peace Of Mind Reinstated

karatemom2

I just got off a chat with an NCL representative regarding our upcoming 1/9/22 cruise based on the information that came out from the CDC today. Per my inquiry about canceling for a future cruise credit based on this new recommendation, he responded as follows:

That is correct. We have brought back our Peace of Mind policy for all sailings leaving before 5/31/2022. It will allow you to receive a future cruise credit for the booking. If you would like to go that route, you will need to contact the Reservations Department at 1-866-234-7350. Open Mon-Fri 8AM-12AM & Sat/Sun 9AM-9PM EST.

We will definitely be going that route given the current rapidly unfolding surge. Wishing all of you a safe, healthy and happy New Year and better cruising opportunity in 2022!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

We will definitely be going that route given the current rapidly unfolding surge

Try to hold off on getting the FCC until the last minute.  If NCL cancels the whole cruise, you can get a full refund.

• Like 10

Did they say if this will be updated on the website in writing or is it just a case by case exception they are making by calling that number?  I would feel more confident if I see it in writing and take a screen shot before I do anything considering that they raised the prices of the later 2022 cruises I feel that the FCC is losing value.  Of course it could be in your favor if they decide to drop the prices but I don’t think I am that lucky.

• Like 2

So, no one can give the definitive answer on this but curious what the thoughts are... if you have FCC issued from the early covid cancellations that was to expire 12/31/21 (now pushed to 1/31/22) to be used by 12/31/22 and you booked a cruise traveling before 5/22 but now want to cancel under POM, does the new FCC still expire 1/31/22? Unless they extend the FCC expirations or the use by date, it doesn't really help that much for anyone that has a limited schedule in which they can book during a year. That's a lot of dates, I hope the question was clear.

Edited by kuku77254
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Photoc said:

I can confirm. Just received an email from my cruise agent at NCL.

Have they indicated that the expiration date will be for these new FCCs on peace of mind. Does it require a new booking in 2022 or could it be used for a booking further out in 23 or even 24? 

Just now, ChiefMateJRK said:

I've never used any FCC.  If I pay for my May cruise and then cancel for FCC, can I use it towards final payment on other already-booked reservations or must it be a brand new reservation?

I asked about that when I called NCL earlier today and was told that any FCC issued has an issue date and can only be used as payments towards bookings made after that issue date and not before.  Don’t know if they will change that as well with the current environment.

22 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

I asked about that when I called NCL earlier today and was told that any FCC issued has an issue date and can only be used as payments towards bookings made after that issue date and not before.  Don’t know if they will change that as well with the current environment.

Thanks for the response.  I think you were incorrectly informed.  I found this on the NCL Website:

Norwegian's Peace of Mind | Norwegian's Commitment to Our Guests | Norwegian Cruise Line (ncl.com)

"Can I make a new booking before I receive the future cruise credit for a cancelled booking?

Absolutely. However, for FCCs associated with the Peace of Mind policy, the FCC must be first generated and attached to the guest profile before it can be added to a reservation. It can then be applied to any new or existing reservation or group booking."

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Thanks for the response.  I think you were incorrectly informed.  I found this on the NCL Website:

Norwegian's Peace of Mind | Norwegian's Commitment to Our Guests | Norwegian Cruise Line (ncl.com)

"Can I make a new booking before I receive the future cruise credit for a cancelled booking?

Absolutely. However, for FCCs associated with the Peace of Mind policy, the FCC must be first generated and attached to the guest profile before it can be added to a reservation. It can then be applied to any new or existing reservation or group booking."

Great news. 

I don't think the website has been updated.  It lists March 31, 2022 as the date not May 31st.  Hopefully they will update it tomorrow.

Enjoy our Flexible Cancellation Policy

For cruises departing thru October 2021, cancel up to 15 days before embarkation date and get a full refund in the form of a Future Cruise Credit. Additionally, for all cruises departing through March 31, 2022, cancel up to 61 days prior for a full refund.

43 minutes ago, cfelbab said:

Have they indicated that the expiration date will be for these new FCCs on peace of mind. Does it require a new booking in 2022 or could it be used for a booking further out in 23 or even 24? 

Just completed my hour and fifteen minute hold to institute our Peace of Mind cancellation and was told we have until December 31, 2022 to use the FCC, which is fine for us. We will definitely use it when things improve. She did say it would take them a little bit to process and have it reflected on our reservation and get the confirmation email as this is all so new they need some time to manage all the requests coming in. So it may take a few days to get it all sorted out. But it is definitely happening and obviously they are getting lots of calls from people who are wanting to take advantage of this offer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Did they say if this will be updated on the website in writing or is it just a case by case exception they are making by calling that number?  I would feel more confident if I see it in writing and take a screen shot before I do anything considering that they raised the prices of the later 2022 cruises I feel that the FCC is losing value.  Of course it could be in your favor if they decide to drop the prices but I don’t think I am that lucky.

I absolutely agree!  The Med cruise I had booked for last year was obviously canceled.  It was a 10 day trip.  Now we have a 7 day trip planned and it's $3K more than the one that got lost.   FCC doesn't buy a whole lot

• Thanks 1

The Peace of Mind policy, which also allows guests to cancel up to 48 hours prior to embarkation for 2020 sailings, was initially launched in March 2020 to reassure guests during this extraordinary time.

then,

Guests sailing on cruises booked by Aug. 31, 2020 with embarkation dates from Jan. 1, 2021 to Oct. 31, 2021, now have the flexibility to cancel their cruise 15 days prior to departure.

then,

Additionally, for all cruises departing through March 31, 2022, cancel up to 61 days prior for a full refund.

I'm guessing it is moving 61 days to 15 days for now unless we hear differently and not the original 48 hours?

Edited by n4w