Celebrity policy - COVID exposure and denied embarkation?

Veinless

Has anyone here been denied boarding due to COVID exposure? I’m reading the Refund and Cancellation policy which states “If you, your family members, traveling companions or other close contacts are denied embarkation or reboarding, or quarantined or disembarked during the voyage, due to a positive COVID-19 test or being suspected of having COVID-19…” and was curious.

Working in the medical field with exposure to positive patients and coworkers may disqualify me from embarking. I don’t want to fly in to Florida from Canada only to be denied. 

I'm frankly surprised that you would still be considering taking the cruise as a person working in the medical field. I'm a healthcare professional and cancelled a Jan 3 sailing a couple of days ago after the CDC put out their statement. Who wants to deal with this on vacation and run the risk of being quarantined in your room??? Not me. 

BTW, I received an email confirmation of the Cruise With Confidence cancellation but have been on hold now for 35 minutes trying to confirm this because I'm still getting updates on nthe sailing including a two hour delay in arrival time. Hmmmm - I thought all possible precautions were already being taken? 

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Equinox® for your 6-Night Mexico Cruise departing Monday, January 3rd, 2022, from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Before we board, we have some important information to share with you.

In order to maintain your health and safety, prior to boarding Celebrity Equinox, we will be conducting additional precautionary sanitization onboard. As a result, our check-in window at the pier will begin at 1:00 PM. We kindly ask that you please arrive two and a half hours later than your originally selected arrival window. Sticking to your new arrival time is important to have the best boarding day experience. Arriving at your originally selected arrival time will result in you being turned away until your new time.

If you have not completed online check-in already, please complete it as soon as possible via the Celebrity Cruises App. All guests should be checked-in and onboard by 4:30 PM. If you’re traveling with unvaccinated children in your party, please arrive before 4:00 PM.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We look forward to welcoming you onboard!

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises

26 minutes ago, Sofla1 said:

BTW, I received an email confirmation of the Cruise With Confidence cancellation but have been on hold now for 35 minutes trying to confirm this because I'm still getting updates on nthe sailing including a two hour delay in arrival time. Hmmmm - I thought all possible precautions were already being taken? 

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Equinox® for your 6-Night Mexico Cruise departing Monday, January 3rd, 2022, from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Before we board, we have some important information to share with you.

In order to maintain your health and safety, prior to boarding Celebrity Equinox, we will be conducting additional precautionary sanitization onboard. As a result, our check-in window at the pier will begin at 1:00 PM. We kindly ask that you please arrive two and a half hours later than your originally selected arrival window. Sticking to your new arrival time is important to have the best boarding day experience. Arriving at your originally selected arrival time will result in you being turned away until your new time.

If you have not completed online check-in already, please complete it as soon as possible via the Celebrity Cruises App. All guests should be checked-in and onboard by 4:30 PM. If you’re traveling with unvaccinated children in your party, please arrive before 4:00 PM.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We look forward to welcoming you onboard!

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises

Why bother Celebrity with CWC questions.  The current policy is posted on the website with a hotlink at the top of the page.