Chops Question

natish3000

Per person.

Now let me sell you on it in case you think it's too much. It's not. The waiter is entertaining (seriously wonderful) the steaks are delicious BEYOND belief and the side, Oh wow. I cannot remember what appetizer I had (it was eclipsed by the wonders of the Goat Cheese Soufflé at Portofino, worth the 20 bucks alone there) but the steak, OH MY! You cannot leave hungry, not at all. The desserts? WOW.. Just wow.

I am a MAJOR (not a minor) Foodie. I am all about good food served beautifully and with humor. I am all about the "DINING EXPERIENCE" (imagine a loud booming voice). Chops was it. If you are someone who happily eats Velveeta on chips every night for a year then maybe Chops would be a waste of money (my father, the burned hamburger king comes to mind) but if you love to eat then spend the money. GO! GO NOW! What are you waiting for??

The price does include tip. If that's all you leave then that is fine. There are those on the board who do not feel the $20.00 is adequate and leave more. That's great and appreciated, but don't let people bully you about it. I have seen that done and think it's unfortunate.

Sorry if this was answered before. I did a search but didn't find this particular question answered.

I know Chops on Enchantment is $20 extra fee.

Is this per person or per party of two?

Thanks!

I know you got your answer, but let me add that if you want a good steak, be sure to go to Chops. We did not go, but wish we had. I ordered steak 3 times at the Serenade dining room and all three times the steak was way overcooked. They give you two choices for your steak; medium rare or medium well. I asked for medium and was told that was not a choice. Medium rare was rare and Medium well was shoe leather. Did not complain since everything else was great, but next time I am going to Chops. Also the steaks were cold.:(

No steak in the main dining room! How many times we gotta post that? Just put the fork down and back away from the overcooked meat!

What's good? Ask your waiter, they will not steer you wrong (steer you wrong! LOL! I'm funny today). the COD with the pesto crust is divine! Hate fish? Eat it anyway. Duck is good too. ASK! They see the same dishes every single week they know. I have also been known to order three appetizers and skip the main course.

No steak in the main dining room! How many times we gotta post that? Just put the fork down and back away from the overcooked meat!

What's good? Ask your waiter, they will not steer you wrong (steer you wrong! LOL! I'm funny today). the COD with the pesto crust is divine! Hate fish? Eat it anyway. Duck is good too. ASK! They see the same dishes every single week they know. I have also been known to order three appetizers and skip the main course.

We had a nice steak in the dining room a couple of times on Mariner and it was quite tasty and not over cooked. Maybe we just lucked out !!!

I believe it was NY Strip they prepared.

Bob:)

We had a nice steak in the dining room a couple of times on Mariner and it was quite tasty and not over cooked. Maybe we just lucked out !!!

I believe it was NY Strip they prepared.

Bob:)

No one likes a show off Bob!! Kidding. You truly are lucky. I have sailed RCI many times now. 20 years ago the food was better. It was also more expensive to cruise. As the post above said tho, I am a MAJOR foodie. I never eat out anyplace that is not as good at preparing and plating as I am (yes I am showing off. It's a double standard I tell ya).

I believe you can order only one of any course but I could be wrong on this.

Does that include sides???...I wonder?:confused:

I have 'per-roosed' the menu,(on another site) and now I'm bummed..I cnat decide which 'appe-teasers' or main course...ah, choices, choices...at least I have till July to make up my mind!!:p

The price of the meal includes two side dishes, "technically' the sides are large so what they have done for us is bring out all of the sides and we shared them among the table.

My husband will often order one appetizer and I another and we split them. That was until the goat cheese souffle in Portofino. He got none of that.

Archived