Odyssey 1/2/2022 Cruise Day 1 and 2

Currently on the Odyssey. Wanted to give an update.

The check in process was extremely smooth and amazing, everyone was wearing masks and were respectful. The ship is as clean as I have ever seen it, and everyone is serious about safety protocols. They’re sanitizing constantly. 

We were told there are 2400 people on board.

We are at Coco Cay right now, though had a late clearance due to the COVID cases on the last cruise, no one positive on this one yet. Were able to get on at 11, ate lunch. 

The island is empty even with the oasis and us here, and the customer service has been great. 

Having a fantastic time!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

I'll be following along.  We're on the Odyssey for B2B on 1/23 & 1/29.  Let us know if shows are running as usual, any port cancellations, etc.  Also include your overall impressions of the service, covid protocols.

5 hours ago, paradise4me said:

Currently on the Odyssey. Wanted to give an update.

The check in process was extremely smooth and amazing, everyone was wearing masks and were respectful. The ship is as clean as I have ever seen it, and everyone is serious about safety protocols. They’re sanitizing constantly. 

We were told there are 2400 people on board.

We are at Coco Cay right now, though had a late clearance due to the COVID cases on the last cruise, no one positive on this one yet. Were able to get on at 11, ate lunch. 

The island is empty even with the oasis and us here, and the customer service has been great. 

Having a fantastic time!

That's awesome! I'm set to sail on odyssey on 1/9. Do you know if all the shows are set to run?

Hello all,

Day 3 Sea Day! On our way to St. Thomas instead of Puerto Rico. They have a show tonight with no reservations required. We haven’t been doing a lot of night life and haven’t been to the shows yet so sorry we can’t give more info on that. 

Talked to another crew member and they said only 2000 on board with 200 kids versus the last cruise which was 1200. 

We are having a great time so far! Can get busy in some spaces, a lot of people outside which is good and most of not all people are following all the masking and safety protocols. If you’re nervous about COVID, which we can be, there are ways to not worry about it at all, such as getting to places early - we don’t have a worry in the world when it’s off time and are just slightly cautious when things get busier but it’s still better than anywhere on land since everyone is vaccinated and masked up. 

a cool thing this ship has is filters in the elevators that show that it’s 100% filtered air constantly moving through it. On the first day they gave us a note that said the same was for the staterooms. On the cruise compass it says they fog the halls every night between 2 and 4 am so you know the halls between staterooms are all being sanitized. 

They’re cleaning a lot, and we feel safe. All crew is double masked and are very attentive and happy to be here. 

Went to the Seaplex with morning and played pickle ball which was super fun, even if in a mask. 

Edited by paradise4me
  • Like 7

All shows are a “go”.  The only show that needs a reservation is The Book.  

We have 2029 guests according to the captain at top tier event.

There is Covid running around.  Everyone can contract it and spread it.  I am on the ship.  I came in close contact with someone who tested positive.  I don’t know where or who.  I was tested and fortunately was negative.  It was the longest 2 hours of my life after I was notified to stay in my cabin, they came to my cabin to test me, and then an hour to wait for results.  Wear your mask everywhere.  Double mask if you can.   Adhere to the 6 person rule for the elevator.  I am not a big drinker but will take a sip and replace mask.  I do not sit at the bar.  Social distance as much as possible.  I stay away from anyone with a runny nose or coughing.  Wash your hands and use the hand sanitizer.  Keep your hands away from your face.  You can be safe.

I am currently on a b2b on Odyssey so have another great 6 days starting on Sunday!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, psumother said:

All shows are a “go”.  The only show that needs a reservation is The Book.  

We have 2029 guests according to the captain at top tier event.

There is Covid running around.  Everyone can contract it and spread it.  I am on the ship.  I came in close contact with someone who tested positive.  I don’t know where or who.  I was tested and fortunately was negative.  It was the longest 2 hours of my life after I was notified to stay in my cabin, they came to my cabin to test me, and then an hour to wait for results.  Wear your mask everywhere.  Double mask if you can.   Adhere to the 6 person rule for the elevator.  I am not a big drinker but will take a sip and replace mask.  I do not sit at the bar.  Social distance as much as possible.  I stay away from anyone with a runny nose or coughing.  Wash your hands and use the hand sanitizer.  Keep your hands away from your face.  You can be safe.

I am currently on a b2b on Odyssey so have another great 6 days starting on Sunday!!!

We just got back from CVS and have received our NEGATIVE test results............so, it looks like we will be on board Sunday.

• Like 2

Hello All - just got off the ship this morning. The rest of the cruise went great. The food was awesome and the service was phenomenal. 

We finished with St. Maarten and then two days at sea. St. Maarten was good but we didn’t do much. We just took a water taxi into town for $7 round trip. The two sea days were great and all shows continued on. We did not attend those. They also had a lot of activities on board and did some pickle ball, ping pong, and archery. You have to try the lavender daiquiri in the schooner lounge it’s awesome and the bartenders are great. 

On Friday they announced a 1.47% positivity rate between the crew and passengers. Sunday it went to 2.49% out of the about 2,000 passengers and around 1,500 crew. We are unsure what the make up was. Overall though we felt safe and everyone continued to wear masks and they were constantly sanitizing. Also cool because the elevators are touchless and they have the sanitizing units in them. 

also the wrist bands were the cloth ones but we could put them on ourselves so just make sure you keep it loose enough it doesn’t bother you. You can’t make it more loose once tightened. very sad to be almost home, but hope those boarding today have as great a time as we did! Hats off to Royal Caribbean for keeping everyone as safe as possible. They have our 100% loyalty and trust. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, paradise4me said:

On Friday they announced a 1.47% positivity rate between the crew and passengers. Sunday it went to 2.49% out of the about 2,000 passengers and around 1,500 crew. We are unsure what the make up was. Overall though we felt safe and everyone continued to wear masks and they were constantly sanitizing. Also cool because the elevators are touchless and they have the sanitizing units in them. 

When I read comments like this below from people who are currently cruising that don't want t be be quarantined and posting right here on CC (and there are quite a few of them)....you have to wonder what the positivity rate among passengers really is.

"Which is what also lead me to the decision that I'd never under any circumstances report to medical no matter how I feel (unless it's super serious)."

2 hours ago, bajathree said:

When I read comments like this below from people who are currently cruising that don't want t be be quarantined and posting right here on CC (and there are quite a few of them)....you have to wonder what the positivity rate among passengers really is.

"Which is what also lead me to the decision that I'd never under any circumstances report to medical no matter how I feel (unless it's super serious)."

I’m not sure what you are commenting on but I agree with that but I also want to say that if anyone sneezed or coughed everyone stopped and stared. It would be a hard thing to really get the numbers accurate but I felt really as safe as I could on the ship and would go back on tomorrow. 

Just now, paradise4me said:

I’m not sure what you are commenting on but I agree with that but I also want to say that if anyone sneezed or coughed everyone stopped and stared. It would be a hard thing to really get the numbers accurate but I felt really as safe as I could on the ship and would go back on tomorrow. 

What I am saying is that you really have no idea what the actual positivity rate onboard is passenger wise as there are a lot of people who wouldn't/don't report having symptoms due to the simple fact they don't want to be quarantined and go through the hassle. People even post about it saying even if they had syptoms unless they were severely ill they wouldn't be visiting medical or reporting it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bajathree said:

What I am saying is that you really have no idea what the actual positivity rate onboard is passenger wise as there are a lot of people who wouldn't/don't report having symptoms due to the simple fact they don't want to be quarantined and go through the hassle. People even post about it saying even if they had syptoms unless they were severely ill they wouldn't be visiting medical or reporting it.

Only reporting what the captain reported to us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bajathree said:

Why does this poor dead horse continue to be beat? The conversation is null and void, it aint changing.  People continue to have a great time and are reporting great times let them continue to report without this foolish interuption. We agreed to do it on the other threads, lets do it on all of them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ptf2009 said:

Thanks for sharing, Paradise.

Were the main pools cold or were they heated?

How about the Solarium pool...cold or heated?

1 hour ago, ptf2009 said:

Thanks for sharing, Paradise.

Were the main pools cold or were they heated?

How about the Solarium pool...cold or heated?

They are definately cool but easy to get used to. My favorite was breakfast at the windjammer then the jacuzzis on 15  they are awesome!