Liberty of the Seas recent travelers

Hi - We are going Liberty of the Sea Jan 30, was wondering how thing have been going on the ship?  Has it been full, is the buffet open all day, are there shows?  Anything we should know that will be important to us?

How has the food been?

Should we still go with all this COVID BS going on? We cruised in October and had a great time ship was halfway full.

Any relevant info would be appreciated!

Thanks

I was on Liberty on Dec 19. All shows and ports happened like normal*. She felt pretty full, but my sailing was also a Xmas Cruise so take that with a grain of (sea) salt. I don't know exact passenger count. Sorry!

Buffet was open, but not all day. There were a few hours between breakfast, lunch, and dinner that they closed to swap food around. I enjoyed all the food I ate on board, especially Asian food night in the buffet and my embarkation night prime rib.

Only the ice show required a reservation through the app or by calling the box office to attend. All other shows, you just showed up.

*Our ports did get rearranged to avoid rain and misery in Cozumel. No complaints from me for that! 🤣

• Like 2

The word is that the ship is about half full at the moment and is expected to be about the same next week.  Everything is open and the vibe is upbeat.  The ports were changed on the current sailing. 

I haven't heard anything about the food, but folks on earlier sailings seemed to be happy enough.  The buffet always closes for a bit to switch between breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so that's nothing new due to covid.

I've heard nothing about cases on board, but I sure would like to believe they will drop dramatically now that the packed holiday cruises are over.

As far as shows, that's something that can change from sailing to sailing depending on whether crew wind up in quarantine or isolation.

To give you an idea of the current offerings and activities on the Liberty of the Seas, here are the Cruise Compass' from the 01-02-22 sailing so far.

DAY ONE:

1.jpg

1a.jpg

1b.jpg

1c.jpg

Edited by footzz
  • Like 1

We sailed Liberty Dec 26-Jan 2 and had a fabulous trip! Guest capacity was probably 60-65%, but crew ratio was fine - we saw crew all over the place, plenty in MDR and other venues, etc. No issues with scheduled shows and we made all our port stops. Most people we saw followed mask rules, though we didn’t hang out in the big “party areas”, which have been reported by various commenters to have more folks not wearing them. Most folks aren’t sailing with kids since school has likely resumed after the holidays, but we did. We did have to coordinate the kids’ area a little more than we did prior to COVID - that’s as really the major difference due to COVID (well, plus masks). We weren’t sure what to expect sailing as COVID was ramping up again, but we were really pleased we didn’t cancel.

The Star Lounge Cool Band is great the play all types of cover music. Bolers is good also  but  its small lounge.The Disco deck 14, 10.30  everynight  is also real good except the  HUSH Disco. Everyone wares headphones ,it will be packed, but they all sing spit going everyware. It is a Covid spreader really bad . I think they have that party two times a week.

Did I overlook it or is there a Broadway type show on this sailing? I had heard Saturday Night Fever but I don't see it. My realtor cruise is scheduled to leave Galveston Sunday the 9th but is looking more and more like it's not going to happen. They are taking a poll to see if we want to cancel. 😞

28 minutes ago, onboardprincess said:

Did I overlook it or is there a Broadway type show on this sailing? I had heard Saturday Night Fever but I don't see it. My realtor cruise is scheduled to leave Galveston Sunday the 9th but is looking more and more like it's not going to happen. They are taking a poll to see if we want to cancel. 😞

I did see it as a matinee show early in the week.

12 minutes ago, trippintex said:

Who is taking a poll to cancel the  next cruise? 

A Texas Realtors group is scheduled to have CE classes on the LOTS cruise departing Jan. 9, 2022. It appears they are polling members of the group to see if they'll still going.

1 hour ago, onboardprincess said:

The Saturday Night Fever production was performed on the October and November Liberty cruises.  With all the publicity and CDC announcements it will be interesting to see how many are on our Liberty cruise on 1/16.  

We sailed on the LOTS over Christmas. We had a fabulous cruise! We only needed reservations for the Ice show. All the other shows were first come first serve.  I along with the other 3000ish passengers wished they would have made all the shows reservation only shows. For the Saturday Night Fever show everyone showed up at the 1st evening show. Well of course there wasn't room for everyone. This could have been easily averted had they used their reservation system. SMH!

O one funny thing happened at the Ice Show. They had a vaccinated side and a non vaccinated side. On the vaccinated side you do not have to social distance meaning leave one seat open in between each party of guest and everyone is masked.  We walked to the vaccinated side and their was one couple sitting on the end and another couple sitting in the middle of the row.  So there were 7 empty seats available. 2 filled, 3 empty, 2 filled and 4 empty. So my party was a party of 4. So we proceeded to fill in the 4 seats on the end. Well the guy was like you can't seat here you have to social distance. I said will you move down a seat. He huffed and puffed and said something under his breathe. I didn't care and sat down. Him and his wife moved down a seat. DUH!! You should have done that from the beginning. Why would you leave 3 empty seats and want everyone to social distance so only one person could sit in the three empty seats? SMH!  And the kicker is they left about half way through the show. So not only were they trying to hog a whole row but then you leave!?!?!?  REALLY???  O and my husband is very mild mannered, laid back, has the patience of Job and low key but every once in a while he shows this Papa Bear I will protect me and mine at any cost.  That man made that side of him come out. My DH didn't say a word it was that look and the man backed down and moved with the quickness. LOL!! It was hilarious!! I teased my DH about it the rest of the cruise. 

We had one teenager and she mostly hanged with us and met friends towards the end of the week. We mask up every day anyway so the mask didn't bother us while strolling around inside the ship. The best thing we did was purchase the Dining package during the black Friday sale. We enjoyed Giovanni's the best. 

This is our 2nd cruise during Covid and we really enjoyed it. The weather was rainy and cold the first two days and made for a bumpy ride the first couple of days. We had beach excursions at Costa Maya (Maya Chan) and Cozumel (Nachi Cocum). We visited Gumbalimba park in Roatan. Gumba is a one and done type of excursion. 

Overall we enjoyed our 1st Christmas cruise. Galveston is our homeport.  We're already talking about incorporating a Galveston Christmas cruise maybe every other year. It was a great way to spend the holidays. 

• Thanks 1