Dawn rerouting; skipping 4 ports

dvldawg411

Currently on the Dawn, 11-day out of Tampa. We were informed this evening that we will not call on St. Thomas, Antiqua, St. Lucia, or San Juan, PR. According to one senior crewmember, these ports have "closed" to cruise ships, but I've seen no verification one way or the other. 

Now scheduled to call on St. Maarten, Barbados, and Tortola, plus originally-scheduled Puerto Plata and St. Kitts.  Losing one port day, adding one sea day. 

No other information has been made available, as far as I've heard. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, dvldawg411 said:

Currently on the Dawn, 11-day out of Tampa. We were informed this evening that we will not call on St. Thomas, Antiqua, St. Lucia, or San Juan, PR. According to one senior crewmember, these ports have "closed" to cruise ships, but I've seen no verification one way or the other. 

Now scheduled to call on St. Maarten, Barbados, and Tortola, plus originally-scheduled Puerto Plata and St. Kitts.  Losing one port day, adding one sea day. 

Best of luck. I hope you enjoy the ports you do get to go to. 

• Like 2

I'm on the same Dawn itinerary January 29. I'm taking a peek at your "alternate" ports just in case we change as well. We are trying to take everything as it comes but I'm kind of anxious so I like to know my options, lol. We figure as long as the it sails and there is booze on the ship we will probably be happy!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cruising to Retirement said:

Very sorry to hear, we are sailing on the Gem on the 19th, afraid the same thing will happen to us... have Production shows and other things been cancelled on board also?  

As best I can tell, everything on board is operating as normal. No entertainment cancellations or other apparent changes. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dvldawg411 said:

Thanks for sharing.  That's a pretty radical restructuring, especially on the fly.  I like the islands you're visiting about as much as the ones you're missing, but this is just my opinion.  One wonders if it's the cases onboard that's the cause or the changed policies on the islands.

• Like 2

On 1/4/2022 at 7:22 PM, dvldawg411 said:

On our recent b2b2b Barbados did not allow cloth mask. NCL passengers could not walk off into town on their own in St. Lucia (reason why was never made clear). We had to take a taxi. However, you could walk back on your own. This did not apply to passengers aboard the ship port next to us.