New letter regarding pier testing

goldmom

We just received a letter advising us that NCL will be continuing doing testing at the pier.  This was for our February 28th cruise.

I don't know if this is an old change, but I noticed that they still recommend getting tested 96 hours before boarding but they no longer have any wording about covering quarantine costs (not covered by your insurance) if you test positive at the pier as long as you did the pre-testing.

If this is new wording then it's a big change from prior letters.  Just thought it was interesting.

• Like 1

Luckily, that wording is still on the website! It's kind of hidden at the bottom right above the FAQs so it's easy to miss:

"Please note for cruises with embarkation dates through February 28, 2022: If a guest receives a positive COVID test at the pier testing at arrival, they will be denied boarding and will likely be required to quarantine by local officials. Norwegian Cruise Line will assist with expenses related to any mandatory quarantine that are not covered by their travel insurance only if the guest provides proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test taken within 96-hours of their travel date. Guests who are unable to provide proof of a negative test taken within 96-hours of their travel date will not qualify for reimbursement should the applicable expenses not be covered by their travel insurance.

• Proof of negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test taken within 96-hours of travel date must show guest name, date of birth and date the test was taken in order to be eligible."

-https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

Hope this helps! I've been obsessively tracking the rule changes - I'm on a Feb 13th cruise out of San Juan and if they eliminated that extra reimbursement, that would definitely factor into any potential decision to take FCC and reschedule. As of now, we're still planning to sail!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ironically, I still haven't gotten an official email about the changes and my sailing is 2 weeks before yours! Someone else here had noted the change to require our sailings to also test at port and that's how I found out.

• Like 1

We got our letter this morning for our 2/19 cruise. I saw it mentioned on the boards yesterday, so I figured it was coming. I know things are still fluid, but I'm glad that our cruise hasn't been cancelled (yet). Fingers crossed! DH and I said from the moment we booked that even if this ended up as a masked cruise to nowhere that we would go just to get away. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lucinarei said:

We got our letter this morning for our 2/19 cruise. I saw it mentioned on the boards yesterday, so I figured it was coming. I know things are still fluid, but I'm glad that our cruise hasn't been cancelled (yet). Fingers crossed! DH and I said from the moment we booked that even if this ended up as a masked cruise to nowhere that we would go just to get away. 

We are sailing on Feb 19, too, and received our letter today.  We’re on the Joy.  What about you?  And like you we are sailing even if at sea for 7 days - in our case 14 days since doing a b2b - but we’ve also made backup plans just in case.  This would be backup plans to our backup plan B since the Feb 19 cruise is in place of a Jade cruise for early March we canceled due to concerns about getting quarantined in Europe.  We are vaxxed and boosted, will wear masks and bringing our own test kits onboard just in case.  Traveling should not be this tough but it is and we are going through the hoops required in order to travel again.  We’ve been stuck at home for 2 years and are soooo ready to travel again.

Edited by mertziek

58 minutes ago, mertziek said:

We are sailing on Feb 19, too, and received our letter today.  We’re on the Joy.  What about you?  And like you we are sailing even if at sea for 7 days - in our case 14 days since doing a b2b - but we’ve also made backup plans just in case.  This would be backup plans to our backup plan B since the Feb 19 cruise is in place of a Jade cruise for early March we canceled due to concerns about getting quarantined in Europe.  We are vaxxed and boosted, will wear masks and bringing our own test kits onboard just in case.  Traveling should not be this tough but it is and we are going through the hoops required in order to travel again.  We’ve been stuck at home for 2 years and are soooo ready to travel again.

Escape for us. We're booked on a Baltic in July that I'm hoping goes off with as few hitches as possible. With all of the testing requirements, it's sure to be quite complicated, but still looking forward to traveling. We did a land trip to Ireland this past August because we just couldn't wait to travel and it was wonderful! Well worth all of the hoops! This will be our first cruise since Covid started, so fingers are double and triple crossed! We're also vaxxed and boosted, so here's hoping for more wonderful vacations! 🙂