3-5 Day cruise and where?

eboon

We are looking into a 3-5 day cruise somewhere? Would you do it? Do you reccomend it? Where? Our kids would be going with us (14 & 16yrs old) and we cannot take much time off with them so that's why we are looking at a short one.

Thanks!:)

:) I would do it ,, but theres 1 thing

usually the 5day cruises are mon-fri anyways so you might as well book a 7day that is sun-sun,, still the same amount of time off work....

and the 3days are usually fri-sun

which you might have to have a day before for traveling to get to where the ship leaves from ,, which would make it a 5day anyways,,

i would go for a 5 or a 7 day

3 days is soooo short.....

mexico has some 4 day cruises on RCCl and carnival... and some 7 and 8days ,,

the caribbean has some 5-7 day cruises also..

check out expedia or orbitz and see what all is avail and check the dates ,, like i said it might just be worth it to book a 7day...

have fun. let us know what you decide :)

We are looking into a 3-5 day cruise somewhere? Would you do it? Do you reccomend it? Where? Our kids would be going with us (14 & 16yrs old) and we cannot take much time off with them so that's why we are looking at a short one.

If you want a 3 day, using the least amount of vacation time, over here on the other side of the country is the 3 Day Mexican Baha, leaves L.A. on friday, gets back monday(CCL and RCCL). Nice quick cruise, but leaves you wanting more (but what cruise doesnt). Being in Michigan, you have to put some travel in no matter where you cruise out of tho which is going to eat at least a day (getting there). I wouldnt recomend flying the day of departure.

We have done both a 4 and 5 day cruise. The 5 day was a western Caribbean and the 4 day a Mexican out of LA. The 4 day was for our DD graduation. We were able to get better airline prices to LA then to Florida.

I would not recommend a 3 day. As stated earlier it leaves you wanting more. You will lose part of a day just getting your bearings and figuring out the ship. By the time you do it is time to pack and go home. In my opinion I don't think I would want to do anything less then 5 days.

CELEBRATION has 4 & 5 nights..........

The 4 night goes to Freeport & Nassua.......

The 5 night Key West and Nassua..........

I have been on the CELEBRATION twice and getting ready

go again in SEPT........But I am doing a back to back......

Have a great cruise..........

If I had to fly to a port, I'd never do less than a 7-nighter. I can drive to two ports, so my favorite cruises are the 5-nighters. I did one 4-night cruise, but it seemed 'way too short. Remember, the first day is 1/2 day, and you're off the ship early on the last day.

Carnival has several 4 and 5 night cruises. Not all of them are Mon-Fri. Some are Th-Sun 4ni. or Th-Mon 5ni.

I have done a 4 day Alaskan cruise out of Seattle (6 years ago!) and a 2 night out of Seattle up to Victoria. Both were Princess. The Alaska cruise was fabulous! We had wonderful service and great food. The more recent Coastal cruise up to Victoria was a mess! I don't know if the crew were just wiped out after the Alaska tourist season and being that we were only two nights we just didn't see the service that we had seen prior. They did not offer traditional seating on that trip as it was too short and the lines for dinner were crazy. Disembarking was a nightmare and took several hours. We had little ones in our cabin but no one was able to find us children's life jackets to keep in the cabin and didn't seem to be a priority. Pictures were taken on the formal night but there wasn't enough turn around time for them to process so people were still lined up after midnight trying to get their pictures because we were told we could not pick them up in the morning. So all that being said I would avoid anything shorter than a 4 night. I still love Princess and will be cruising with them again in April (7 night Mexican Riviera) but the Victoria cruise left a sour taste in my mouth.

Mary Jane

We've done the Majesty of the Sea for a 4 day, and the itinerary was great, great, great.

Sail away from Miami and wake up in Nassau. Head to Atlantis in a cab and arrange for your own visit to their beach and amenities.

Back aboard for formal night and then awake the next morning at CoCo Cay. A great day in a hammock, jet-skis, snorkeling and just relaxing.

Wake up docked in Miami and fly home...

For the 4 day add one more day at sea, one more night of great food and fun and you've got a great trip.

The Majesty is not the most polished jewel in the RCCL line, and she's not the largest, but it is a great trip that can be purchased with airfare for not a budget breaking rate.

Enjoy...

Archived