Off Noordam from Lucheon

GPoll189

Good Afternoon every one, I just recently came off the Luncheon aboard the brand new Noordam. She is very beatiful ship and can't wait to get on her for my first cruise. I will have some pictures of her being posted sometime tonight or tomorrow. As everyone has said so far she is slightly different from her sisters but still she can be a great dame on the ocean. They have done a great job outfitting her and she is ready to start her career as a HAL ship in style. Where else can a ship say that they started a great sailing tradition from a great city. I am happy that Holland America Line invited us for this Luncheon it really allowed people to see what the ship is really about. Some Travel Agents were allowed to stay on the ship overnight again tonight. I wish I was one of them however Physician Assistant School is more important and I have to get home to take my Pediatric and Pathology test tomorrow. Hopefully I will have a fun time aboard the Noordam in not the distant futrue. Rev Neal, I am looking forward to you day by day accounts of your sailing on this great dame. Maybe I will be their when she arrives back in New York in 11 Days on March 4th. Once again signing off from the computer lap in school and happy sailings for all passengers boarding the ship tomorrow for the inagural sailing. And I have to wish the MS Noordam something. "Let the Seas be calm and the ports be plentiful for you. God bless and God Spead to the MS Noordam, see you soon."

For people looking for the pictures please allow me some time to post them. Take care.

24 Cruises on Holland America in 26 years on earth.

Geoffrey

You indicate that the Noordam is different from the others in this class. How is she different?????? I have been on the Zuiderdam and the OOSTERDAM and I must admit I liked the Oosterdam a lot more than I did the Zuiderdam and they are both sister ships. Have not been on the new Westerdam yet.

Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, and Westerdam are nearly identical in terms of structure. The Noordam differs as such :

* Explorations Café replaces the Erasmus Library format.

* Pinnacle Wine Bar replaces the previous Windstar Café

* Ocean Bar bar is changed to the port side.

* The Loft is now present.

* Staterooms have been newly introduced with flat panel TV's, etc.

These are just a few - mainly it is the SOE items that have been built into Noordam as being brand new.

Archived