Questions about air fare to Rome 9/06

lvs2crooz

Hi. My husband and I are going on the Noordam 9/18 (Rome to Rome, 10 days) and wondered if anyone knows how to get the cheapest fares possible going business class). I checked on cheap tickets and the fares range from 2900pp and up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is an empty nester cruise as our daughter will be going to college and what better way to fight the depression we're going to feel than a cruise.

Vegas Jim's advise is good, but don't wait too long.

Orbitz is a good inclusive web site to search airfares:

http://www.orbitz.com/

Be sure to check with the cruise line. It sometimes costs less to book international thru them, especially for open jaw. Their price will include land transfers, which can be pricey in Europe. The cruise line sells bulk tix, so the routing may not be the best. That depends a lot on your location. You can, however, pay an "air deviation" fee whereby you select your own flights. Ask about this if you consider booking thru the cruise line. If you find a better price/itinerary, you can cancel the cruise air as long as you act before final payment.

Finally, if you're using a TA, ask him/her to track air fares for you. We do this with the wife's periodic trips to Japan. The travel agency is very good at this.

The two sale times for biz class are Nov and May. I don't know where you live, but $2900 is not bad -- we paid $2800 each from the West Coast and that is a discount. Regular biz class fares are in the $5000-8000 range. And they fly you in First from your gateway city to your international departure city.

If you give me some more info on your dates and city, maybe I can help you find something. (I'm not a travel agent, by the way -- just someone who likes to shop air fares!)

We're on the 9/8 sailing and just purchased our air today. British Air has consistently had the best fare from NYC to Rome.(not in business class). I found a lower fare on cheaptickets but found too many horror stories about them on the web. BA has a low fare guarantee so , if there's a hueg sale, and I can get seats at the lower fare on exactly the same flights, they will refund the difference. Since we are flying Sep.5, that's still in high season, not even into shoulder, so I think $816, all taxes and fees included, is as good as we will probably see. Since we are flying all the way into Newark that day we also have to be aware of the time. Good luck!

Archived