Dream Studio Pictures

Lindsay0405

Currently on board the Breeze.  The first elegant night my family was pulled into the Dream Studio and had about a 15 minute photo session done.  

I went to view them yesterday and holy cow they are AMAZING, but EXPENSIVE!  There are 23 images and he said $899 for the package.  Is there anyway to get a deal on them?  I realize photography is expensive, first off but we did not budget for $900 in pictures but I love them and I want them 😂

7 hours ago, Lindsay0405 said:

Currently on board the Breeze.  The first elegant night my family was pulled into the Dream Studio and had about a 15 minute photo session done.  

I went to view them yesterday and holy cow they are AMAZING, but EXPENSIVE!  There are 23 images and he said $899 for the package.  Is there anyway to get a deal on them?  I realize photography is expensive, first off but we did not budget for $900 in pictures but I love them and I want them 😂

Same happened to us on the Breeze.  It was my son's senior year in HS so it worked out perfect.  Pictures were AWESOME but when they told me the price ($1600+) i said NO & started to walked out.  They "dropped" the price, about 50%.  I eventually caved.  But nope never gonna do it again.

Same thing  happened to us.  The pictures ARE amazing.  What the heck are we going to do with all these pictures?  There were 3 pictures that DH really really really liked and had to to twist my arm to purchase them.  The price was $150 for 3.  We did buy them.  Try to talk the sales person down.  Good luck.

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2022 at 7:43 PM, Lindsay0405 said:

I was going to wait until tomorrow evening and go talk to him again… 

How did it go? Responding a bit late but was doing a search on this topic as I was considering booking a Dreams Studio session. We did the portrait studio on an NCL cruise back in 2017 and it was about $1,000 for 50+ amazing digital photos and six large high-quality canvas wall-hangings. At the time, I thought that was nuts, but have really enjoyed the photos and wall art since then. I wouldn't do it every year, but in retrospect, we did get a lot for our $$$. 

My daughters wedding cruse in 2019 we did some serious negotiating with the photographer.  We also negotiated to get a couple of flashdrives with all images and release form in order to print anywhere.    

It was my understanding that each photographer had the ability to set the own prices.

• Like 1

I went to the simple black background for pictures with my granddaughter, had no idea it was the more expensive photos. Eventually after the sticker shock and some back & forth, I was able to pick 3 plus the digital rights for around $300. Pricey but worth it for the edited pics for the two of us. 

With that  in mind, I will forever skip the simple black backgrounds. 😉

• Haha 1

On 2/23/2022 at 11:05 AM, shortyjoesmith said:

I went to the simple black background for pictures with my granddaughter, had no idea it was the more expensive photos. Eventually after the sticker shock and some back & forth, I was able to pick 3 plus the digital rights for around $300. Pricey but worth it for the edited pics for the two of us. 

With that  in mind, I will forever skip the simple black backgrounds. 😉

Same thing happened to us.  They made us make an appointment to come back and view them, which I did not understand at the time.  I had no idea they were different than the regular pictures.  I really liked one of them, but the photographer told us all or nothing.  So we said nothing, and he got kind of snippy with us.  The pictures were not worth $899 by any stretch of the imagination.

• Like 1