Basic Princess Questions

boatlover

Hi,

We are sailing with Princess for the 1st time this April. Star Princess / Western Caribbean. We have previously cruised with HAL and Celebrity. I expect this experience will be just as delightful as all of the others. I do have a few basic questions, and I apologize because I am sure they have been asked many times before.

1. Coffee. I have been reading that Princess coffee is awful. I am assuming this means weak. Is there a coffee bar on the Star Princess where we can purchase something better? I see a Lobby bar & patisserie listed as a dining option, would that be a place to purchase a cappuccino or espresso?

2. Robes. Do I understand that there are not robes in each cabin? We have a balcony on the Caribe deck.

3. AnyTime Dining. I have read reports of long waits. What are the best times to aim for if we want to keep our waits to a minimum? Do the anytime dining rooms serve the same menu as the traditional seating dining room?

4. Specialty Resturants. We want to try each. Is there a way to make reservations before we get on the ship? I have looked over the Princess website and haven't found an opportunity to do that.

Sorry if these questions are a snooze! I tried doing a search but really couldn't narrow it down. Thanks for your time.

Hi,

We are sailing with Princess for the 1st time this April. Star Princess / Western Caribbean. We have previously cruised with HAL and Celebrity. I expect this experience will be just as delightful as all of the others. I do have a few basic questions, and I apologize because I am sure they have been asked many times before.

1. Coffee. I have been reading that Princess coffee is awful. I am assuming this means weak. Is there a coffee bar on the Star Princess where we can purchase something better? I see a Lobby bar & patisserie listed as a dining option, would that be a place to purchase a cappuccino or espresso? You can get free freshly brewed coffee and cappuccino/expresso's for a small charge at the Patisserie. The coffee is good there.. And BTW, the coffee isn't really that bad.

2. Robes. Do I understand that there are not robes in each cabin? We have a balcony on the Caribe deck. Ask your cabin steward when you board and he/she will get it for you.

3. AnyTime Dining. I have read reports of long waits. What are the best times to aim for if we want to keep our waits to a minimum? Do the anytime dining rooms serve the same menu as the traditional seating dining room? Same menu and there is no wait if you eat after 8. If you like your Personal Choice waiter, you can ask the Maitre D if you can have the same table at the same time for the rest of the cruise.

4. Specialty Resturants. We want to try each. Is there a way to make reservations before we get on the ship? I have looked over the Princess website and haven't found an opportunity to do that. No way to make reservations before you board.

Sorry if these questions are a snooze! I tried doing a search but really couldn't narrow it down. Thanks for your time.

Have a great cruise.. See my answers above...

I have a really bad habit of writing reviews that compare miniscule details of the X and Princess since we seem to be on one or the other of late. The following Grand link and Galaxy link should answer a lot of questions you haven't even thought of yet.

Most of the comparison can be found summarized in the last couple of pages so you don't get buried in reading material.

Have a great cruise!

Archived