Sunshine is back in Charleston!!!

emoorehead

2 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

All I did was a hike up to  a sugar mill, but I bet there's more.  Is Carnival offering excursions?

I will do research but..work. New stresses. Snow storm on travel day (Sunday.) New test crisis. 

This is a lot to process. I thought cruising in Sept during Delta was stressful, but...nope. This is tough.

Hopefully we make it on board w a fabulous itinerary waiting for us

8 hours ago, amanda219 said:

Help me on Tortola! New port & zero research. Advice??

I was in Tortola in Jan 2019.  We took a group shuttle from the port to Cane Bay.  It was maybe $15 or $20pp round trip.  Return vans left every half hour so we could stay as long as we wanted to.

Antigua we did a Canoe Hike and Snorkel tour (this was through HAL).  It was a great excursion. The ride to our departure area was beautiful, a motor boat ride to the canoe launch. Then a boat ride to an island where we hiked to the top for some incredible views. You could relax on the beach or take the boat out a bit to a great snorkel reef. A great excursion for a decent price, especially with it being through the cruise line.

The cruise lines have their own area in the port of Amber Cove.  You really don't need to do an excursion.  There are pools, water slides, zip line (for a fee), bars, food.

Whatever you do, whatever ports you end up at, I hope you enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

Hi all -

Hopping on this thread just to see if anyone received a cancellation notice from Carnival for the Sunshine out of Charleston to Nassau on April 21st - 25th? I received one early this morning, but noticed it's still available for booking via Carnival's website.

BTW - I was on the Easy Pay installment plan and recently updated my credit card information, but all appeared to be okay with it. Don't have reason to believe it was the cause of the cancellation letter.

I'm going to contact Carnival later today, but just wanted to see if anyone on this thread received an cancellation notices for upcoming cruises on the Sunshine.

Thanks!

Just to update so I don't scare anyone, Carnival said someone had called in and cancelled my reservation via phone last night? And that the Sunshine is still set to sail in April. No idea how this happened because I definitely didn't call in. Currently on hold again to talk to a supervisor and get the cruise rebooked. Frustrating, but glad to hear all things are go. Will update here if I receive any other details.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 12:46 PM, emoorehead said:

The Carnival Sunshine sailed back into the port of Charleston early this morning! It was very exciting to see her back after so long. She looks great with her new livery.

I can't wait to see the inside since her trip to dry dock. My family will be sailing out of Charleston on Jan 31.

20220111_073249.jpg

20220111_074258.jpg

I love cruising out of Charleston.  Looking forward to it.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2022 at 9:46 AM, emoorehead said:

The Carnival Sunshine sailed back into the port of Charleston early this morning! It was very exciting to see her back after so long. She looks great with her new livery.

I can't wait to see the inside since her trip to dry dock. My family will be sailing out of Charleston on Jan 31.

People there still putting the "No cruise ships" flags on their front porch?

Final update - Carnival was able to assist and get me rebooked! Everything seems to be okay right now. Just took 3.5 hours on the phone 🥵. Just a heads-up that the rep confirmed he has had multiple calls already about bookings being auto-cancelled, similar to how mine was. If you happen to receive a standard cancellation notice, without any reference to Carnival cancelling due to COVID or other issues, be sure to call them!

3 hours ago, cwa13 said:

Just to update so I don't scare anyone, Carnival said someone had called in and cancelled my reservation via phone last night? And that the Sunshine is still set to sail in April. No idea how this happened because I definitely didn't call in. Currently on hold again to talk to a supervisor and get the cruise rebooked. Frustrating, but glad to hear all things are go. Will update here if I receive any other details.

6 hours ago, cwa13 said:

Hi all -

Hopping on this thread just to see if anyone received a cancellation notice from Carnival for the Sunshine out of Charleston to Nassau on April 21st - 25th? I received one early this morning, but noticed it's still available for booking via Carnival's website.

BTW - I was on the Easy Pay installment plan and recently updated my credit card information, but all appeared to be okay with it. Don't have reason to believe it was the cause of the cancellation letter.

I'm going to contact Carnival later today, but just wanted to see if anyone on this thread received an cancellation notices for upcoming cruises on the Sunshine.

Thanks!

On 1/11/2022 at 3:51 PM, ninjacat123 said:

It's just a three hour drive for us to Charleston so we will head down early Thursday morning.  Last night Carnival called and made us an offer we couldn't refuse and we are now in a Cloud 9 Spa Suite!  Got our negative tests results today, yay, and I've packed my bag.  I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready,,,,😎

I hope you have a safe drive in and a WONDERFUL cruise!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

People there still putting the "No cruise ships" flags on their front porch?

I haven't seen any (I live in Charleston). I know for a long time people did not want the cruise ships here, but Norwegian and RCL have added Charleston as a port of call to some of their itineraties, so we see them here from time to time as well. But there is nothing more exciting than driving over the Ravenel Bridge (behind the ship in my first pic) and seeing the whale tale sitting at the port. Makes me smile every time.

19 days to go.......

• Like 2

Excited to be sailing Sunshine for the first time ever! I've been on several Carnival Ships, but not this one. My Mother passed away in October, and I am taking one of her best friends on the Jan 31st five day as a thank you for all the love and help she gave to my Mom over the years.

Edited by Surfserene
word change
  • Like 2

Just got off the NYE sailing on Sunshine.

The ship is beautiful and we loved the serenity area.

Even though we lost a port (Bimini) we still had a blast.  (we never got off the ship)

The crew was wonderful and we enjoyed the food at the specialty restaurants.  (did not eat at all in the MDR except for sea day brunch).

Crew tried to enforce masks but there are always those who think they are "entitled" to do what they please.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 8:32 AM, floinnc said:

We are due to sail on the Sunshine for 5 days starting on Valentine's Day. Love the ship. We have an aft balcony and excited about that. So looking forward to cruising again!

We will be on that sailing with you. I can't wait!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Surfserene said:

Excited to be sailing Sunshine for the first time ever! I've been on several Carnival Ships, but not this one. My Mother passed away in October, and I am taking one of her best friends on the Jan 31st five day as a thank you for all the love and help she gave to my Mom over the years.

I am very sorry to hear about your mom.

I have not been on the Sunshine yet, either. I am looking forward to it very much! See you in 18 days 😃

Great Pics! I missed her also I am sailing  on Jan 31st! I have a newbie going with me so I hope everything goes well. I am only an hour away!!

Edited by Neals6
left something out
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Neals6 said:

Great Pics! I missed her also I am sailing  on Jan 31st! I have a newbie going with me so I hope everything goes well. I am only an hour away!!

Yay!! Someone else on the Jan 31 sailing. I am getting really nervous because so much can still go wrong in the few days left before we leave. I don't think I will rest easy until I step on board.

My girlfriend and I are sailing on April 21st! Hope it's not as crazy then with COVID.

On 1/16/2022 at 10:07 AM, CharlestonGuy said:

So Happy the Sunshine is back! Anyone sailing March 28th, 2022 or April 21, 2022? Hopefully the Covid will be settled down by then...