Canceled your cruise, got FCC, now what...?

enymarsh

UPDATE for those of you who are still awaiting FCC issuance

We cancelled our Jan 8 cruise on Jan 3, and on Jan 13 called Celebrity to book a Feb 27 cruise

They told us the 30 - 45 business days to issue.

I called back at 2-week, 3-week, and 1-month marks.  At the 2-week and 3-week marks, they still said to wait.

At about the 1-month mark (Feb 5, today), the Celebrity agent voluntarily said he will ask his supervisor for intervention, who then manually created the FCC within about 20 minutes.

This manually created FCC was successfully applied to our Feb 27 sailing (they held this booking past final payment deadline for us pending issuance of the FCC).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

UPDATE for those of you who are still awaiting FCC issuance

We cancelled our Jan 8 cruise on Jan 3, and on Jan 13 called Celebrity to book a Feb 27 cruise

They told us the 30 - 45 business days to issue.

I called back at 2-week, 3-week, and 1-month marks.  At the 2-week and 3-week marks, they still said to wait.

At about the 1-month mark (Feb 5, today), the Celebrity agent voluntarily said he will ask his supervisor for intervention, who then manually created the FCC within about 20 minutes.

This manually created FCC was successfully applied to our Feb 27 sailing (they held this booking past final payment deadline for us pending issuance of the FCC).

Thank you for this information. It is refreshing to know that what transpired with your situation is possible.  We still have 2 weeks before our final payment is due so we will continue to rely on our trusted TA to bug them every now and then.  

On 2/3/2022 at 11:17 AM, zitsky said:

I just came to say.... I was quite surprised when I got a $900 credit to my credit card for canceled Infinity cruise (Spain, Portugal).  Because I remember that it was an FCC from *last year's* Spain and Portugal cruise, also canceled, because of Covid.  So either my TA and I both remembered incorrectly or somebody at Celebrity just decided to be nice to me.

I will probably turn right around and use that $900 to book a Italy, Turkey, Greece cruise in Sep/Oct 2022.

FYI My refund to credit card came the day after I received the cancellation notice.