19 year old and drink packages

Woody14

On 1/15/2022 at 2:19 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Almost every Celebrity fare today is All Included.  Thus a basic beverage package, internet and gratuities are included in your fare.  Thus pretty dumb to smuggle booze on board when it is free unless you purchased a sail only fare at the last minute.

I do think bringing a special bottle of wine on board (2 per cabin OK) for a special occasion is great.

No point in debating the US drinking age.  It is what it is.  Little or no interest in a change back to 18.  As an historical point, when it was changed to 18 there were huge problems at universities.   Huge student population here living away from home compared to most countries.

gotcha  AI=all included

Which means the parent could slide the kid booze whenever they want so no need to smuggle booze on board.

As for your historical point.  I was in college when the drinking age was 18.  I also worked for 30 years in campus law enforcement after the age went back to 21.  I can pretty much tell you there is little difference between between drinking habits of college students today than there was back in the 70s. Kids can get alcohol (and weed for the that matter).   Alcohol prohibition like anti-marijuana laws don't prevent people from using that stuff.

On 1/16/2022 at 12:33 PM, LGW59 said:

you'd think someone from a state next door to Canada might have a clue as to what the legal drinking age is in BC

My US state borders, oh let me think, 4 others, so of course I know all the laws in each of those states, NOT, such a ridiculous comment.  WTH would anyone care

Did I say anything about other states?  No... If you don't care then ***** did you comment.  Who's ridiculous now?