Port Change - Where does Carnival dock in Antigua?

markntara

There are 2 quays in St John's, Heritage and Redcliffe.  Most cruise ships dock at Heritage. 

There's a new pier being constructed, but got delayed, that can accommodate larger ships.  So if you are on the Mardi Gras, or Horizon or Vista, you might not be able to dock, unless you go to the deep water terminal used by cargo vessels.  

18 minutes ago, kaitlynkruise said:

We are supposed to sail next month- I've heard both our ports will be changed  ( St.Kitts  and San Juan, to Antigua and Amber Cove) this is for the Magic. Has anyone heard anything on this change, or for how long its supposed to last?

San Juan keeps getting dropped because of the extra testing they now require, and there's no word about how long that's going to last. That's up to San Juan. I'm on the Magic 3/12 and honestly I still expect it to be skipped even then. I don't know why St. Kitts keeps getting dropped. It may just be until the surge dies down.

1 hour ago, mbarker10 said:

San Juan keeps getting dropped because of the extra testing they now require, and there's no word about how long that's going to last. That's up to San Juan. I'm on the Magic 3/12 and honestly I still expect it to be skipped even then. I don't know why St. Kitts keeps getting dropped. It may just be until the surge dies down.

I'm on the Magic next week.  San Juan dropped for a Sea day, and St. Kitts replaced with Antigua.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, markntara said:

I'm on the Magic next week.  San Juan dropped for a Sea day, and St. Kitts replaced with Antigua.

They replaced next weeks cruise that included  san juan  to Amber cove i do not know if that was a good trade.

19 hours ago, Bermuda C said:

I was just in Antigua last Monday on the Freedom. We docked right in the capital in the main port area.  There as another cruise ship there (German one, can't recall the name).

If it had a big eye on both sides of the front, it was an AIDA ship.  They cruise the Caribbean but are generally restricted to the German market, and often don't even register on port-visit calendar sites.  

6 hours ago, scpirate said:

They replaced next weeks cruise that included  san juan  to Amber cove i do not know if that was a good trade.

Ehh.  They are totally different ports of call.  San Juan is great for history; Amber Cove is great for relaxing.  At San Juan you can go explore on your own pretty easily and safely.  At Amber Cove there is a really nice, secure port area with shops, a pool area, cabanas, an inexpensive zip-line and 1,000 lounge chairs, but it's best to explore beyond the port entrance with a group or reputable excursion (or a Carnival one).   

The Dominican Republic is not a wealthy country; when we returned from our excursion our bus was stopped at the port entrance by uniformed military personnel and all of our ship cards were scrutinized before they waved us through with their rifles.  

16 hours ago, scpirate said:

On the Magic?  First I heard about a change to Amber Cove.  Email from Carnival said it was going to be a Sea Day.